Anyone else hoping for the 5 sisters to meet off coast of FLA

21 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I was able to see the 3 sisters photo op (Oasis, Allure & Harmony) a few years ago. Was quite a show!  Hopefully they'll do a 5 sisters.

i hope so too but judging from the lack of responses, I guess no one else cares. Perhaps this is not an exciting topic.

I mean these threads are more about food and drink and talking about covid or many more photos of the same drinks and ports.  But this ship will make #5 and I am wondering what all will be celebrated. I am not sure if a #6 Oasis class is in the works. 

I thought this would be a fun thread and to see what others thought.

oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can't imagine the cost or logistics to reroute four revenue generating vessels (or maybe five depending upon timing) to a single location.  The cruise industry is in desperate need of margin.  My guess is that decision metric at the C-suite level is as simple as "Increases Margin?  Yes   No"  I don't see that expense passing that metric.

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI did order it. 

excellent.  should be interesting what that name will be.

then comes the ICON class which I think will also be very interesting to see if it is going to be a combo of the last two classes or something really different.

20 minutes ago, wake74 said:

I can't imagine the cost or logistics to reroute four revenue generating vessels (or maybe five depending upon timing) to a single location.  The cruise industry is in desperate need of margin.  My guess is that decision metric at the C-suite level is as simple as "Increases Margin?  Yes   No"  I don't see that expense passing that metric.

i guess I see it as good promotion for that class.

All the ships are within a day and could have had schedule adjusted a few months ago.

oh well.  still hoping for the photo of the 5 LARGEST in the world all in one place.

but I know the numbers game does most like play into this as well.

34 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i guess I see it as good promotion for that class.

All the ships are within a day and could have had schedule adjusted a few months ago.

oh well.  still hoping for the photo of the 5 LARGEST in the world all in one place.

but I know the numbers game does most like play into this as well.

Photoshop😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, wake74 said:

It was probably easier when they did the 3 sisters.  I was on Harmony sailing the maiden transatlantic crossing from Barcelona.  The Oasis was either leaving PC or coming back and Allure was either leaving PE or coming back or did I get the ships reversed?  I just know I was on Harmony and the Oasis and Allure right in line with us off the coast of Florida.  There were helicopters hovering around us taking video and photos. Was quite something!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It was probably easier when they did the 3 sisters.  I was on Harmony sailing the maiden transatlantic crossing from Barcelona.  The Oasis was either leaving PC or coming back and Allure was either leaving PE or coming back or did I get the ships reversed?  I just know I was on Harmony and the Oasis and Allure right in line with us off the coast of Florida.  There were helicopters hovering around us taking video and photos. Was quite something!

We were on Harmony then as well..it was fun with all the commotion, but I agree, I think all 3 ships were going to be essentially in the same area anyway, which is not likely the case now with 5 but it would be cool if it happens

Edited by xxHadleyxx

31 minutes ago, xxHadleyxx said:

We were on Harmony then as well..it was fun with all the commotion, but I agree, I think all 3 ships were going to be essentially in the same area anyway, which is not likely the case now with 5 but it would be cool if it happens

It would take about 15 minutes to determine where they all are when Wonder arrives😉

Unfortunately, I don't have the time now🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

excellent.  should be interesting what that name will be.

then comes the ICON class which I think will also be very interesting to see if it is going to be a combo of the last two classes or something really different.

Icon is actually due to be delivered before Oasis #6.  Icon #2 will be after though.