Shore Excursions

JillK

It's been 14 years since my last Princess cruise and it looks like things have changed quite a bit!

Hubby, myself and our teenaged daughters (16 & 17) are going to be sailing the Med aboard the Regal Princess July 2 - 16th. 

I would appreciate everyone's thoughts on the best way to go about booking shore excursions... Although I know there are often more affordable options if I book independently (and I do when we are in the Caribbean), given our unfamiliarity with the destinations and the language barrier, I would prefer to use ship sponsored excursions this time around.

First question: Based on your experience, would you recommend that I book online or should we wait until we're on board to book (so still good availability)?

Second question: Does Princess ever have cruise planner sales the way Royal Caribbean does? We did save 20% - 30% on excursions when we cruised the British Isles by booking online when they were running a sale.

Many thanks for the advice! 

Book as soon as you know which excursions you want.  There are no sales for the most part - the price will only stay the same or go up if demand for that excursion is strong.  Often you will see that onboard some excursions are sold out, and others have increased in price.   So we book well in advance.  You can cancel for a refund up until a day or two prior to the excursion for most excursions, so you can still change your mind if you wish.

Don

• Like 1

Princess now requires payment when pre booked. You can also use OBC if it is in your account.

Popular excursions may sell out.

Never have seen sales like you mention.

Have seen prices increase closer to sailing and once on board.

Edited by skynight
  • Like 1

Thanks all for your insight. 

Last time I checked there are roll calls for portions of our cruise so I will have a look and see if there are established groups booking together or if there is interest in doing so. A great suggestion ontehweb - thanks! 

1 hour ago, JillK said:

Thanks all for your insight. 

Last time I checked there are roll calls for portions of our cruise so I will have a look and see if there are established groups booking together or if there is interest in doing so. A great suggestion ontehweb - thanks! 

Glad you found my suggestion helpful. I hope it works out for you.

• Like 1