Soft drink package with smoothies

Buckeye10640

Classic Soda Package$11.79 per person, per day

Includes all fountain sodas, fruit juices, mocktails and smoothies.

I dont know where they are served.  It looks like there has been a change, though, as milkshakes WERE on this plan.  Though they may still be, but not as a 'line item'.  I checked and I dont see them listed as a line item on the others, so perhaps Milkshake and smoothie is the same thing!   

I dont know where you can get a smoothie, but I sure know where milkshakes come from!!

35 minutes ago, sirclean said:

I dont know where they are served.  It looks like there has been a change, though, as milkshakes WERE on this plan.  Though they may still be, but not as a 'line item'.  I checked and I dont see them listed as a line item on the others, so perhaps Milkshake and smoothie is the same thing!   

I dont know where you can get a smoothie, but I sure know where milkshakes come from!!

So where do I go for a milshake? 😀

• Like 1

I hope they add additional personal to make these milk shakes since most people now are sailing with the plus package. It used to take a long time just to get an ice cream cone before since making a shake took time. I can't imagine how long the wait will be now that many people will want one. 

11 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Last minute cruise booked at a super low rate and the Best Value price didnt make sense, so no drink package this time. Considering the soft drink package though...anyone know what the included smoothies are and where they are served? 

What ship are you on? 

You can get any alcoholic drink as a mocktail - some of which might resemble a smoothie. On Royal Class, I've only seen smoothies in the buffet at breakfast time and milkshakes were offered at the Gelato venue  - but at an additional cost.

1 hour ago, hllwdcruiser said:

milkshakes were offered at the Gelato venue  - but at an additional cost.

I haven't see that.

Somehow I don't think it would be included with the plus package.

It should be along with the Gelato.

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I haven't see that.

Somehow I don't think it would be included with the plus package.

It should be along with the Gelato.

Yes, that's why I said at an additional cost.

I don't know if they offer it anymore - they used to have shakes offered with a shot of liqueur something like Frangelico, I believe. It could have been a sundae - I'm relying on my memory and a mind is a terrible thing to lose....

If you recall, once upon a time, gelato was included as one punch with a coffee card purchase. I think the shake plus the liqueur was offered at a small price increase over the punch. 

1 minute ago, hllwdcruiser said:

If you recall, once upon a time, gelato was included as one punch with a coffee card purchase.

I sure do and I recall that if we got there just as they were closing the fellow we knew would give us more that we could eat since it all goes in the garbage anyway.

You would have though it would go to the crew mess hall for them to enjoy.

• Like 1

Grand class ships have milkshakes on Lido at coffee & cones

Royal class ships do not have milkshakes anywhere.  They never installed blenders where there is ice cream or gelato.   Royal class ships have "Gelatos" and they sell Sundaes but not milkshakes.  

All ships have bartender blender made ice + milk + choco syrup + whatever else, or the bartender can use the blender for some fruit etc.    There used to be a few blended options on the non alcoholic page of the bar menu.

Those are the only "smoothies" I know of.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sirclean said:

The Classic Soda Package does NOT include ice cream based drinks. (Look at the terms and conditions).

The Premier Coffee & Soda Package at $23.59 per person, per day does include milk shakes if available.(Look at the terms and conditions).

The Plus package would be a better deal than the Premier Coffee & Soda Package.

Edited by brisalta

10 hours ago, hllwdcruiser said:

What ship are you on? 

You can get any alcoholic drink as a mocktail - some of which might resemble a smoothie. On Royal Class, I've only seen smoothies in the buffet at breakfast time and milkshakes were offered at the Gelato venue  - but at an additional cost.

Will be on the Regal. 

When we were on the Crown we discovered that we could order mocktails in the dining rooms, so we (Mom, wife and daughter) ordered them with pretty much every meal.  The package was a BIG cost savings - a mocktail with lunch and dinner, and another while walking around the ship, adds up quickly.

We are booked with Princess Plus now - drinks, and tips included, it’s a huge savings.

Edited by WAvoyager
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

LOL - That only applies to martinis, or if your last name is Bond.  I’ve never actually seen them shake a milkshake!  😉

Then you have not had a real milkshake. All the actual milkshake machines I have seen use a combination of stirring and up and down shake action to break up the ice cream.