DV6 Cabin Location

PGNOW

• 4 months later...
On 2/24/2023 at 1:07 PM, deec said:

3057 and 3055 are VERY noisy from Torshavn avoid if you go to bed before midnight or nap during day.

Hi deec! 

Have you ever stayed in cabin #3046 on the Star? I was wondering if you can hear Torshvan. It looks like it's over the shops but right along Torshvan wall.

If you or anyone else has had experience with this cabin, it would be much appreciated. 

We are taking our first Viking cruise this May, 2024, Trade Routes of the Middle Ages. 

5 minutes ago, TJ042018 said:

Hi deec! 

Have you ever stayed in cabin #3046 on the Star? I was wondering if you can hear Torshvan. It looks like it's over the shops but right along Torshvan wall.

If you or anyone else has had experience with this cabin, it would be much appreciated. 

We are taking our first Viking cruise this May, 2024, Trade Routes of the Middle Ages. 

I do not know what the even side of the ship is like for  noise .  I would probably try and get a cabin aft of split or a bit further forward.

10 minutes ago, deec said:

I do not know what the even side of the ship is like for  noise .  I would probably try and get a cabin aft of split or a bit further forward.

Thank you,. I had a DV4 cabin and just changed it a couple of days ago to #3046. This might have been a mistake. ☹️

3 minutes ago, Kountess said:

This may not help, but we were in 3044 and had no issues with noise.

Thank you. That makes me feel a little better. I guess, I will hope for the best.

band is usually set up against the back wall as you enter Torshavn from the Starboard side, the band is  toward the stern.  It is not a very large space.

9 minutes ago, deec said:

band is usually set up against the back wall as you enter Torshavn from the Starboard side, the band is  toward the stern.  It is not a very large space.

Thank you deec!

Tenders will be below you no problems with blocking you view.   might be a bit noisy when the launch or bring back onboard.  that is not a very busy corridor other than passengers going to their rooms or if folks are watching a performance in the atrium from there so I don't think you should  have noise from the public restroom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

Nope - and as a rule we go to sleep around 10pm. 

Thank you so much for letting me know. I feel much better about our choice now.

I really appreciate everyone's input on this thread. 

On 4/18/2024 at 3:59 PM, deec said:

Tenders will be below you no problems with blocking you view.   might be a bit noisy when the launch or bring back onboard.  that is not a very busy corridor other than passengers going to their rooms or if folks are watching a performance in the atrium from there so I don't think you should  have noise from the public restroom.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, formernuke said:

We’ve been in this cabin twice (one on Jupiter one on Star). Absolutely no issues. Not in it now only because it wasn’t available. 

Thank you so much for your reply. That's great to hear. We just changed to the cabin yesterday. Hope you are enjoying your sailing!

On 4/25/2024 at 10:59 AM, TJ042018 said:

Hi all!

Has anyone had any experience with cabin 3043 on the Star? Any issues, noise, seasickness, maintenance, location etc? Any information regarding this cabin would be much appreciated.

We were in 3041 on the Star and loved it.  No noise at all.  Great as you can quicky go down one flight and be out on the promenade deck.  Go quicky up in the elevators to Explorers lounge and Mamsem's.  Our next cruise is in 3042.