what is open on ship on port days?

My husband has mobility issues.  He cannot walk very far so shore excursions are out.  Usually when we cruise, (we have only done 2 cruises) it is with other family members.  He doesn't mind staying on board while the family goes to the beach etc.  This time we are thinking of cruising with just the two of us.  I will not want to leave the ship by myself. What is open on ship on port days?   Thank you!!

You can rent a motorized scooter for the cruise. The company will bring it to the ship for you and pick it up after. 

With the motorized scooter you and your husband could get off the ship in each port and travel around the port area. Maybe even go "outside the gate" depending on the port. 

• Like 1

The other nice thing about the ship while in port is that is is very uncrowded and it is quite relaxing, quiet, and easy to do most anything on board as result.  There are certain ports of call that we look forward to staying on board for that very reason.

But also agree with @SG65CB regarding the scooter.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

The spa usually runs excellent sales when the ship is in port because so many people are off the ship. Think about maybe a couples massage, or some sort of relaxing spa treatment. The money saved on excursions can be used in the spa. 

• Like 1