Deal or Not a Deal

keesar

We currently have tips, internet, a premium drink package, and $600 OBC for a 7 day on Apex.   Our booking is in Aqua class which we really enjoy.  We have been offered a guarantee suite for $50 per person each day which comes to $700.   Should we take it?  Our booking was made directly with Celebrity.  Thank you all.  

47 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

if you have a nice Aqua room and $600 OBC I would keep it.  No need to move to a suite as you could use the $700 difference on so many things.  But if you really want a suite, it does appear to be a good dollar deal as compared to others I have seen.

I'm holding onto my Aqua class cabin.

Unless they offer you more OBC stay there.

Definitely if you get to keep your perks.  We were on Reflection in an Aqua class balcony and upgraded to a Skysuite on day 1.  We kept what perks we came on board with.  Well worth it and it was a bit more than you paid but in our opinion still a good deal. MUCH larger room, access to Luminae, Michaels Club (on Reflection).  So well worth the upgrade.  For $50 a day, that would be worth it for Luminae!   

But as others said, make sure you keep your other perks.  Otherwise you have to factor those into the cost.

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

Go and do a mock booking between an Aqua class room on your cruise and a Suite guarantee. I just looked at one for an 8 day Caribbean cruise and the price difference was only a couple of hundred Canadian dollars per person between the two. That is a lot less than the $700 USD Celebrity wants from you. 

Edited by DirtyDawg

18 hours ago, keesar said:

We currently have tips, internet, a premium drink package, and $600 OBC for a 7 day on Apex.   Our booking is in Aqua class which we really enjoy.  We have been offered a guarantee suite for $50 per person each day which comes to $700.   Should we take it?  Our booking was made directly with Celebrity.  Thank you all.  

And just remember if the suite comes with more Captains Club points earning than Aqua, you won't get it.  Only earned on the catagory orginally booked, but as I understood if I call X and ask for the upgrade and pay the fare difference I should earn the higher rate. Looking at the $660 dropping to $50, not worth it in my book.

How it typically works is - you keep the "perks" such as OBC, wifi, etc - but you would get the amenities that come with a suite such as luminae, retreat deck, lounge.  You would not get the extra club points for staying in a suite over aqua class.  Also - a guarantee means you get the suite you get - it might be the very best one onboard, or it might be one with an obstructed view (ie window washing equipment).  I'm not sure if there are obstructed view suites on Apex though.  So, consider that in your decision too if it matters.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:24 PM, keesar said:

A lot of people seem to believe this offer was an offer via a move up bid.

I believe you are just paying the difference for an upgrade.  This is the reason you have to be careful about your perks.  They will not necessary come with the new cabin.  You should be able to get the perks that are in the prevailing rate of the cabin you are purchasing.  (You may need to purchase the Indulge package)
Assuming that  it is not a move up bid, you should get the CC points associate with your upgraded category.

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2022 at 2:32 PM, jagoffee said:

A lot of people seem to believe this offer was an offer via a move up bid.

I believe you are just paying the difference for an upgrade.  This is the reason you have to be careful about your perks.  They will not necessary come with the new cabin.  You should be able to get the perks that are in the prevailing rate of the cabin you are purchasing.  (You may need to purchase the Indulge package)
Assuming that  it is not a move up bid, you should get the CC points associate with your upgraded category.

I believe that the suite would not necessarily be Aqua.  So make sure what the resultant benefits are