Excursion sale frequency?

Does anyone know how often the official Royal Caribbean excursions go on sale? I know Black Friday (day after American Thanksgiving) is a great day for sales. My next cruise departs before that. My son is too young for a COVID vaccine so if we want to get off the boat we need to book an RC excursion. Right now they are 5% off which doesn’t seem like a sale to me. I was hoping someone might know when traditionally sales have occurred. I know I could book now and then cancel/rebook if the price goes down. But I’m not sure if I want to obsess that much over the price.

1 hour ago, Honeyroastedmelnut said:

I was hoping someone might know when traditionally sales have occurred.

Very rarely is any RCI “sale” fleet wide and for all items. With the intro of dynamic pricing about 7-+ years ago, you need to do some work (check fares and planner items on your own) to find any lower prices.  

"Sales" are every couple of weeks, and especially around the main US holidays, but you will also see prices fluctuating and occasionally at their cheapest in between sales.

Pay no attention to the "however-much% off". It's Royal-speak for "we're playing around with the prices again". Today's 5% off could get you a cheaper price than tomorrow's 30% off. Look ONLY at the bottom line.

I endorse @Biker19's comment that you do need to do some work to snag the best prices.

• Thanks 1

At least the Cruise Planner now shows you already purchased excursions and the price you paid. Makes it much easier to cancel and rebook.

Even at very low capacity the first week of this month, Explorer prices trended higher than what I paid 2 or 3 months in advance.