"Live" from Allure of the Seas: Feb 27th - March 5th

binro01

1 hour ago, binro01 said:

I’m a freak. I will be taking the real test in less than 48 hours. 

Not a freak at all. We did the same thing since we knew we would already be San Juan by the time we needed to test. Since it was the proctored test I wanted experience in doing it. Gave us peace of mind for the real thing.

• Like 3

Well, remember how I said a positive COVID test was the only thing that could derail this train. Well I was wrong.

Last night I brought my wife to the hospital. Looks like a combination of a new med with others caused severe insomnia, also a lack of desire for food and drink causing dehydration. Which brought on symptoms similar to when people are on street drugs, an feeling like her skin is crawling which led me to the hospital because the itch was like an allergic reaction to her new meds.

Dr wanted to keep her overnight for to see if the onboarding of liquids followed by a good night sleep that was aided by a med to calm her nerves with  the skin crawling sensation that has the added affect of knocking the person to sleep. 

Just hope I see my normal Wife back this morning like the dr is hoping. We will see. So this train is right now very off track with a small window to get back on. 

Edited by binro01
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, binro01 said:

Well, remember how I said a positive COVID test was the only thing that could derail this train. Well I was wrong.

Last night I brought my wife to the hospital. Looks like a combination of a new med with others caused severe insomnia, also a lack of desire for food and drink causing dehydration. Which brought on symptoms similar to when people are on street drugs, an feeling like her skin is crawling which led me to the hospital because the itch was like an allergic reaction to her new meds.

Dr wanted to keep her overnight for to see if the onboarding of liquids followed by a good night sleep that was aided by a med to calm her nerves with  the skin crawling sensation that has the added affect of knocking the person to sleep. 

Just hope I see my normal Wife back this morning like the dr is hoping. We will see. So this train is right now very off track with a small window to get back on. 

Oh wow, so sorry to read this. Hoping everything gets back on track for you both, especially (and most importantly) your wifes health. {{{ HUGS }}}

3 hours ago, binro01 said:

The bright side is at least this didn't happen while on the ship

• Like 4

So the wife is much better today. On a scale of 0-100 from yesterday low to her normal self, we are about an 85. Getting better every hour.

She wants to go, so I compromised, I said let’s go on the plane if we test Negative, hang with my parents the next couple of days. If things work out even better, we can maybe board if you are close to 100%. Trend and close to perfect before getting on a ship. Don’t want to be in the Caribbean dealing with this. Even though we have travel insurance. 

• Like 21

On 2/23/2022 at 9:47 AM, binro01 said:

The pups know something is up and it's not including them... Lauren, our old lady (the white chihuahua)
IMG_0920.thumb.jpg.8db8939048926eafe524d6e71e7839f6.jpg
is teaching our new Christmas pups, Arty and Muggsy (the 2 Boston Terriers) how to properly sulk when Mommy and Daddy are packing.IMG_0919.thumb.jpg.b55fd1c7e4ca8542867db74f546f2cc6.jpgIMG_0918.thumb.jpg.fcdfd7232c6db09745d46c6538c7f408.jpg

The professional side eye. I think they learned from me!

• Like 2

Quick update. We have 2 negative tests and we fly out tomorrow morning to Fort Lauderdale. She is even better. I would say she is almost at 100%. Eating well again drinking plenty, sleeping well. One of our friends who is a doctor and knows Sheryl well said she can definitely go on the vacation. We are so overjoyed and thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers. They were felt and mean the world to us. 

the customary luggage photo!

5D8C8536-FDD5-4DFF-AF2B-4C6084AEE520.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

Made it to the airport. 10:05 AM direct flight to Fort Lauderdale. Took 1 hour to drop off car, check in luggage and get through TSA. We are flying out of Salt Lake City Airport. Nice and new. But it’s a long walk for the mobility challenge. 

DD1304E7-7A90-44C7-AEFC-75C9AF73E1E5.jpeg

50E4C868-59B7-43F2-AC6A-286387AA05A0.jpeg

3589D8E0-4C2E-4EE7-8C5D-654B1B87A263.jpeg

Edited by binro01
  • Like 4