Bed placement on Odyssey

2 hours ago, ChanaC said:

I don't think I've heard of it before. Is it that in some cabins the bed(s) are closer to the balcony and on some they are closer to the bath? 

Correct. Look at a pair of connecting cabins and the alternating pattern (left - bath) repeats from there.

3 hours ago, ChanaC said:

Would someone mind explaining this pattern? I don't think I've heard of it before. Is it that in some cabins the bed(s) are closer to the balcony and on some they are closer to the door? 

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Correct. Look at a pair of connecting cabins and the alternating pattern (left - bath) repeats from there.

If Odyssey follows the same pattern as other Quantum class ships, bed is by balcony on the left of the pair and by the bath on the right.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, swsf99a said:

We are just off the Odyssey   on Feb 20th.    Cabin 11592  and cabin 11590.   Our bed was close to the balcony  (592)  and our son's bed in 11590 was closer to the bathroom.

That follows the pattern of the other Quantum ships if you count in twos from a connecting pair of cabins.

• 11 months later...
49 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

Just so there is more space for the hallway?

No.  It has nothing to do with the hallway.  the cabins are constructed in pairs so that bathrooms are beside each other...easier for the plumbing and also cabins are not perfect rectangles, they jut out by the bed 

26 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No.  It has nothing to do with the hallway.  the cabins are constructed in pairs so that bathrooms are beside each other...easier for the plumbing and also cabins are not perfect rectangles, they jut out by the bed 

I got that but from cruisedeckplans.com, cabin 12692 can't be connected with 12694. Seems to me, 12690 and 12692 should be connected at that section of the deck.

541.jpg

Edited by screenname2004

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I think of each pair like a yin/yang symbol: ☯️

Edited by jbrinkm

16 minutes ago, screenname2004 said:

I got that but from cruisedeckplans.com, cabin 12692 can't be connected with 12694. Seems to me, 12690 and 12692 should be connected at that section of the deck.

541.jpg

They do not start with a pair.  They end on a single but it is still thf since from the correct half of pair that would have been there.