Back to "Normal" on Harmony?

We sailed on Harmony in January.  There was no Grease performance, a greatly abbreviated diving show, no piano bar performer, no headliner shows (well, there might of well have been none - there were two, each performed twice and they were AWFUL), no Johnny Rocket's breakfast, Sabor and the Solarium Cafe were closed, an many other activities were cancelled or reduced in quality and/or quantity).  Sorry if this sounds like a whine - it really isn't - we knew all of these things were a possibility, made the best of it and enjoyed ourselves.

We have booked Harmony again for August, hoping for a do-over.  Can current or recent Harmony cruisers tell me which of the above have resumed?  We are a little concerned that Royal, like many businesses, will become comfortable with the reductions made during COVID and keep some of them in place, for example, JR breakfast, breakfast/lunch in the Solarium Cafe, etc.

Typing this aboard the Harmony as we speak! I’m sorry to hear that so much was out of commission the last time you sailed. That being said, hopefully my experience will mean good news for your August trip. 

Grease is back, there is a diving show and there are a few other performers aboard (my reservations for them are later in the week tho). Solarium bistro is still closed and I saw another thread mentioned Johnny Rocket’s breakfast isn’t going — but a lot seems back. For example, my wife and I had a nice night listening to the pianist at the bar last night! I imagine during the summer things will be even more back to normal.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DualistX said:

Typing this aboard the Harmony as we speak! I’m sorry to hear that so much was out of commission the last time you sailed. That being said, hopefully my experience will mean good news for your August trip. 

Grease is back, there is a diving show and there are a few other performers aboard (my reservations for them are later in the week tho). Solarium bistro is still closed and I saw another thread mentioned Johnny Rocket’s breakfast isn’t going — but a lot seems back. For example, my wife and I had a nice night listening to the pianist at the bar last night! I imagine during the summer things will be even more back to normal.

Is the WJ open for dinner??

On Harmony last week the WJ was open for dinner.  JR was open for breakfast but it seemed they were very understaffed.  It took 40 minutes for our food to arrive and nobody came by to offer coffee refills.  Food was okay though.  The Solarium Bistro was closed with just a sign on one door "sorry temporarily closed". 

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

Thanks. It still doesn't show on the app as open for our 2/27 Harmony, but their app isn't exactly well maintained.🙄

On my sailing the WJ dinner hours didn't appear in the app until a couple days before boarding at most.  It might have been embarkation morning.   

On 2/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, handbellplayer said:

We have booked Harmony again for August, hoping for a do-over.  

We are booked for 2023, so would love if you would come back to post your experience after your August sailing.  Thanks.