Binax now availability

medi130

2 minutes ago, medi130 said:

I have 2 test kits Binax now rx but I’m worried I will mess up the tests. I’d like to have an extra. Are there any stores that sell the rx type or just online? Thanks 

I thought the proctored kits were only available online. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, medi130 said:

I have 2 test kits Binax now rx but I’m worried I will mess up the tests. I’d like to have an extra. Are there any stores that sell the rx type or just online? Thanks 

Unfortunately no. You will do just fine, ez pz. Have you watched a youtube video from one of the cruise vloggers? Very good demonstration. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, medi130 said:

Yes I’ve watched a few. I just getting nervous. 

I understand, I was apprehensive the first time as well. I made the house pin drop quiet and set up a clean station at the table LoL!! Not to mention, I had to talk DH through it but could not touch/help his testing materials... Yikes! LoL!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, seabreeze0389 said:

I have been trying for weeks to access the order the Binax ag card test on line through e-med with no success.  Has anyone else had trouble with the screen to purchase not coming up.  I just get a blank screen.  

Thanks. 

Oh no, I had no problems when I ordered. Might I suggest trying another browser. I have found that to work on several occasions. Happy Cruising!

50 minutes ago, seabreeze0389 said:

I have been trying for weeks to access the order the Binax ag card test on line through e-med with no success.  Has anyone else had trouble with the screen to purchase not coming up.  I just get a blank screen.  

Thanks. 

I ordered online last week with no problems and the test kits arrived two business days later.  Expiration date is 12/31/2022.  

We ordered the 6 pack on 2/15, got email that order was approved, arrived at our home the next day, ready for our cruise end of March. Same thing in September last year, very quick and painless.

We did them early morning prior to work 2 days before with no issues. Hoping for a repeat in a few weeks, 

On 2/23/2022 at 11:12 AM, carefree20 said:

I understand, I was apprehensive the first time as well. I made the house pin drop quiet and set up a clean station at the table LoL!! Not to mention, I had to talk DH through it but could not touch/help his testing materials... Yikes! LoL!!

We have done the eMed tests twice. Once, when we thought we had covid (we did), and then just last week before our Breeze cruise. On both occasions, I helped my husband and it was not a problem at all. He is not really very computer savvy and was nervous about the test. I did my test first, so I knew the procedure. And then I helped him through his test. At no time were we told that he could not have help. 

But with that said, it is pretty easy to do. The proctors have a script that is very easy to follow. They were patient about repeating instructions if we didn't hear them clearly. I didn't have to help my husband very much. 

But I agree with you, it is nerve wracking to do this pre cruise. I also made sure the house was quiet and no one would disturb us. I also had a backup kit in case there was any failure with the first one. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, luckybecky said:

We have done the eMed tests twice. Once, when we thought we had covid (we did), and then just last week before our Breeze cruise. On both occasions, I helped my husband and it was not a problem at all. He is not really very computer savvy and was nervous about the test. I did my test first, so I knew the procedure. And then I helped him through his test. At no time were we told that he could not have help. 

But with that said, it is pretty easy to do. The proctors have a script that is very easy to follow. They were patient about repeating instructions if we didn't hear them clearly. I didn't have to help my husband very much. 

But I agree with you, it is nerve wracking to do this pre cruise. I also made sure the house was quiet and no one would disturb us. I also had a backup kit in case there was any failure with the first one. 

On 2/23/2022 at 1:41 PM, seabreeze0389 said:

Thanks. 

Not had a problem but you can now also buy them through Quest Diagnostics and they are proctored by eMed