No Boston Deployments?

Broons77

I'd love to embark an hour from my front door, but it seems that Royal just wants nothing to do with Boston.  We're booked on a Canada cruise in the fall on Voyager, but after a handful of similar itineraries in Sept & October of 22, there's nothing on the calendar.  I don't get it, NCL seems to do a pretty good business with the Bermuda trips - we're actually taking the Pearl in May.  I'd think that a Radiance Class ship would be doable for a few months in the summer.  Kind of bummed by this as I read a local article that Massport is looking to upgrade the cruise ship facilities at the Black Falcon Terminal to try and bring in some more business.  Anyone have any insight or thoughts on this?

3 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I trust Royal will have one ship in Boston in Autumn as always and it will be Voyager as in 2022.

Not quite sure I understand what you mean by 'as in 2022' - you mean you think Voyager will be there this Autumn?

Also from memory it was usually a Radiance class ship in Boston, we've done the repositioning from Boston to the Caribbean twice on Radiance class and had another booked which was cancelled due to the pandemic. Would love to see that itinerary again.

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

Not quite sure I understand what you mean by 'as in 2022' - you mean you think Voyager will be there this Autumn?

Also from memory it was usually a Radiance class ship in Boston, we've done the repositioning from Boston to the Caribbean twice on Radiance class and had another booked which was cancelled due to the pandemic. Would love to see that itinerary again.

Yes, Voyager is in Boston this year in September/October, easy to find e.g. on Royal`s website. Trust she will come back in 2023 for similar cruises.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Yes, Voyager is in Boston this year in September/October, easy to find e.g. on Royal`s website. Trust she will come back in 2023 for similar cruises.

OK thanks. My fault -  I hadn't looked so didn't realise that. Plans already made for Autumn but would love to do that repositioning again so will be keeping an eye open and fingers crossed for next year.

37 minutes ago, Bobal said:

OK thanks. My fault -  I hadn't looked so didn't realise that. Plans already made for Autumn but would love to do that repositioning again so will be keeping an eye open and fingers crossed for next year.

The repositioning cruise is 7 nights from Boston to San Juan. It's pretty cheap too.

just wishing they'd homeport a boat in Boston for maybe 3 months in the summer to do Bermuda/Caribbean itineraries rather than just a few weeks in the fall for Canada/NE.

4 hours ago, Bobal said:

We’ve done that Royal Caribbean repositioning four times over the years, but haven’t seen it come out for 2023. In the new cruises just opening up this week I noticed that Jewel is sailing out of Bayonne to NE in fall 2023. Will the Voyager come back to Boston or will they just sail the NE route out of Bayonne?  It’s anyone’s guess at this point. We ended up booking the repositioning out of Boston on Celebrity Summit for 2023. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Broons77 said:

The repositioning cruise is 7 nights from Boston to San Juan. It's pretty cheap too.

just wishing they'd homeport a boat in Boston for maybe 3 months in the summer to do Bermuda/Caribbean itineraries rather than just a few weeks in the fall for Canada/NE.

Pretty cheap might be the problem 😉

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2022 at 6:30 PM, Broons77 said:

I'd love to embark an hour from my front door, but it seems that Royal just wants nothing to do with Boston.  We're booked on a Canada cruise in the fall on Voyager, but after a handful of similar itineraries in Sept & October of 22, there's nothing on the calendar.  

Broons you are on my double secret probation list for scaring me.  

I thought our 2020 Cruise from Boston, lifted and shifted to 2021, lift & shift sequel to Fall of 2022 was again gone.  

Hopefully can can catch the Sox as we will go in a few days early.

Eddie

29 minutes ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Broons you are on my double secret probation list for scaring me.  

I thought our 2020 Cruise from Boston, lifted and shifted to 2021, lift & shift sequel to Fall of 2022 was again gone.  

Hopefully can can catch the Sox as we will go in a few days early.

Eddie

My apologies, I suppose I should have qualified the thread title now that I look at it.  I let my annoyance with RCI and Massport get the better of me.  Someone needs to get those 2 parties in a room and not let them out until I'm booked on a 7 day on Something of the Seas out of Boston to the Bahamas/Coco Cay.

Assuming you'll be on the first couple of sailings?  Or are you an optimist and are hoping for October ball?  Regardless, bring your woolies, the Fens can get chilly that time of year.  Enjoy!

PS - While I'm sure the SB still stings, never forget that watching the Bengals rip out KCs heart and show it to them while it was still beating was faaaaaaaaaantastic!

• Thanks 1