Indoor Smoking??

asnaleah

All have indoor smoking (although there have been reports here that Navigator has removed their Conosseiur Club which was attached to Stars Lounge).  Explorer and Splendor on Deck 11, Deck 5 on Voyager, and Deck 6 on Mariner.

mrlevin is referring to the Connoisseur Club on all Regent ships except Navigator. It is a room inside the ships. Other than that, there is no indoor smoking on Regent ships.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr
  • Like 1

All of Regent's ships with the exception of Navigator have one room indoors dedicated to smoking - the Connoisseur Club.  It's generally well ventilated but I have read of people who are extremely sensitive to smoke who will avoid that area, but for the most part it's a non-issue.  Smoking is allowed on one side of the pool deck in a designated area and I believe there is an additional outdoor smoking area aft.  If you're a pipe smoker on Navigator you're out of luck.

Here's Regent's official policy:

For the comfort and safety of all of our Guests, smoking is not permitted in any enclosed dining area, certain public venues, elevators, the Theater, and all suites and balconies, and is only permitted in specific designated smoking areas. The use of electronic cigarettes is allowed within designated smoking areas only.

Cigarette smoking is only permitted in designated areas of the outdoor pool area and the following public rooms:
Seven Seas Splendor: Connoisseur Club, Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)
Seven Seas Explorer: Connoisseur Club, Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)
Seven Seas Voyager: Connoisseur Club, Horizon Lounge (outdoor one side designated area), Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)
Seven Seas Mariner: Connoisseur Club, Horizon Lounge (outdoor one side designated area), Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)
Seven Seas Navigator: Galileo's (outdoor one side designated area), Pool area (designated area opposite side of the Pool Bar)

Cigar Smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club on applicable ships and the designated area on the opposite side of the Pool Bar.

Pipe smoking is only permitted in the Connoisseur Club. Pipe smoking in open deck areas is considered an extreme fire hazard and is not permitted.

Failure to comply with the above smoking policy will result in guests being asked to leave the ship at their expense, without refund or credit for the unused portion of their cruise.

1 minute ago, mrstanley said:

I am really sensitive to smoke. Can smell it a mile away. I hate when a smoker gets into the same elevator as me. The elevator now smells and so do I. I felt like I needed to shower and change my clothes.

YUK!  So nasty.

Yep, lots of people are in the same boat.  I'm a former cigarette smoker - smoked for close to 20 years, quit somewhere in the early 90's - and the smell of cigarette smoke in someone's clothes or hair really sets me on edge.  I don't mind pipe or cigar smoke that much (and will enjoy a nice cigar on occasion) but there are some people who can't get within 50' of it.  Everyone is different, and I applaud Regent for making an effort to accommodate everyone.

PS - I still wish they'd bring back the Connoisseur Club on Navigator.  🙂