Unable to use FCC in time question.

I’ll try to make this as short as possible.  We, like many others, had multiple cruises cancelled in recent times.  We are just getting things sorted out.  We have never been on any cruises except Royal, we are Diamond and very close to D+.

We were booked on the Jewel in Jan. and paid in full when it was cancelled.  We ended up with FCC to put towards our Odyssey cruise in 30 days.  However, the final payment came due before the FCC came through.  We have no cruises booked that are not already paid because of past FCC’s.  We have 1 booked, a Baltic in June 2023, but that one falls outside of the sail-by date.  
Royal won’t budge, saying we have to use it or give to a family member.  Period.

Our position is that we have been loyal, never taken our money back in all this time, sometimes leaving thousands on the books.  We have rescheduled all of the cruises and a few extras.  This FCC is a result of Royal canceling a cruise not us.

Not sure if there is something we can do to change things.

Any ideas?

• Like 1

How about upgrading cabins on existing  sailings and using the FCC for the new price. 

Sadly, others are on your same situation.  While many took the FCC for cancelled cruises for the extra %, I’m so happy we took the full (just 100%} refund. 

Your loyalty status is not relevant. The same FCC rules apply to a gold member up to a pinnacle member. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

When they cancelled Jewel their was a refund offer.  Why did you accept FCC?  Whenever Royal cancels a cruise there is a refund option.

For future reference or the benefit of others you could have called and had your final payment date extended while you waited for the FCC.

• Like 2

Biker has said post after post if you can get a refund, get the refund. Dont take the fcc. Take the money. I took the first refund then when the fcc rules changed and changed started asking for refunds and I'm a frequent cruiser. 

Listen to biker. 

• Like 4

I’m curious if there’s a workaround like booking a short sailing (the one with final payment due 75 days out instead of 90 days) for late September and cancel in early July. Would a new FCC be issued good until one year from cancellation or is it still only good until December? 

• Like 1

I had an issue where we took the FCC and booked another cruise with it that was later cancelled. I had to book a short weekend cruise for next week with the credit, as we couldn't get time off for another long cruise before it expired. Because you can't use FCC for taxes and port charges, we still had leftover credit and no way to use it before the deadline, which made me mad on principal more than anything.   I ended up sending a polite email to the Executive Office at mbayley@rccl.com explaining the situation and my disappointment and they extended the deadline for me to book using my FCC until December 2022, to use on any cruise regardless of the date.  Worth a shot.  I'm only a Platinum on Royal, btw. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jenncren said:

I had an issue where we took the FCC and booked another cruise with it that was later cancelled. I had to book a short weekend cruise for next week with the credit, as we couldn't get time off for another long cruise before it expired. Because you can't use FCC for taxes and port charges, we still had leftover credit and no way to use it before the deadline, which made me mad on principal more than anything.   I ended up sending a polite email to the Executive Office at mbayley@rccl.com explaining the situation and my disappointment and they extended the deadline for me to book using my FCC until December 2022, to use on any cruise regardless of the date.  Worth a shot.  I'm only a Platinum on Royal, btw. 

I think it's been posted that book by and use by both have been extended now to the end of dec 30.  But maybe op didnt see this posted and it will him them.