Platinum specialty dining

cruisinreunion

6 minutes ago, cruisinreunion said:

We didn’t realize we were platinum 🤦🏻‍♀️  Others in our party are not. Can we share our free dinners with them?  I tried searching for the answer but didn’t locate any information 

The Platinum specialty dinners are for 2.  If you want to someone in your party your 2nd guest, you certainly can share it.  Again, each one is only for 2, however.

Per stateroom, not per person.

We used to be able to take each other as second guest , so four dinners and two bottles of wine.
Now it is per stateroom, even though both may be sapphire, it is per stateroom. 
so, we get 1 dinner for two in each category 

Dinner for Two at Cagney's or Le Bistro with a Bottle of Wine6
(per stateroom)

Dinner for Two at Moderno or La Cucina6
(per stateroom)
Edited by phissy

So we just did a riff on this.  If the Platinum folks are guest one and two, they are also the guests that get the "free at sea" meals.  What we found is all 4 of us could go specialty, and guest 1 & 2 would use 2 platinum meals, and then use 2 free at sea meals, making it free for the 4 of us.  Other then that, as everyone else said, it is 2 per meal, 2 meals per room (no matter how many platinum are in that room).

2 hours ago, phissy said:

We used to be able to take each other as second guest , so four dinners and two bottles of wine.

(per stateroom)

(per stateroom)

I don't ever remember it being 4 dinners for 2 (8 meals total). It has always been 4 total meals (4 individual vouchers or 2 vouchers for 2). So the total number of meals has not changed. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

I don't ever remember it being 4 dinners for 2 (8 meals total). It has always been 4 total meals (4 individual vouchers or 2 vouchers for 2). So the total number of meals has not changed. 

If I am a solo cruiser, can I do 4 individual meals for me or is only 2 for 2? Should be able to find another Solo Platinum to share meals with, but sometimes not as easy as one would think.

8 hours ago, phissy said:

(per stateroom)

(per stateroom)

It used to be one meal for two per person, now it is two meals for two per room.

For a couple of platinums sharing a room it is the exact same number of meals as it was previously.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MagicAZ said:

If I am a solo cruiser, can I do 4 individual meals for me or is only 2 for 2? Should be able to find another Solo Platinum to share meals with, but sometimes not as easy as one would think.

You can’t split your voucher so that you get 4 meals for one. That is specifically stated on the latitudes page (and now on the voucher itself apparently).

If you are looking for another solo to eat with then, if they are also platinum then you can get 4 meals. If they aren’t platinum then you will obviously just get your two meals.

8 hours ago, oteixeira said:

Other then that, as everyone else said, it is 2 per meal, 2 meals per room (no matter how many platinum are in that room).

That isn’t correct. If there are more than two platinums in a room then you get extra vouchers, so 3 or 4 platinums sharing a room would get 4 meals for 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

That isn’t correct. If there are more than two platinums in a room then you get extra vouchers, so 3 or 4 platinums sharing a room would get 4 meals for 2.

Thanks for correcting, I was going on what the butler had said when I asked, I am still just gold at this time.

If the platinum couple is booked together in a cabin, they will get a set of vouchers which they can share as desired.  If the two platinums are booked in different cabins, I believe they should each get the restaurant vouchers which can then be shared as desired (no can get extra key cards on board and sleep where pleases).  Of course in the covid era, one has to consider the possibility of cancellation due to positive test before entwining your reservations.