Medallion Problem - A New One! (I Think)

tcdcruiser

My travel agent AND Princess.Com (Cruise Personalizer) has my birthday as May 20, 19XX.  But the Medallion App thinks my birthday is May 19, 19XX.  As a result I cannot add my US Passport data to the Medallion App since my US Passport Birthday (correct) does not match the Medallion App Birthday (incorrect).  I'm considering lying to the Medallion App and recording the wrong date, but figure this will create onboard issue with CBP.

PCL tech support seems confused.   Anyone else experience this issue?  Any insights?   

Cruise Safe and Thanks.

They seem to be having problems as my birth date is correct everywhere but the app says "invalid data".  And I have a valid booking but app says "no booking number found"  Currently at 1 hr 48 minutes on the phone with IT support......

Yes!! I have the same birthdate problem! I am unable to ‘link’ my booking because of it. Princess reps have said if they tried to fix it, it might delete my plane reservations! Yikes🤣They recommended I go to my travel agent and have her do it . I am meeting with her on Tuesday to fix this problem.

1 hour ago, Optotronics said:

Just email

Askoceanmedallion@carnival.com

give them  your booking number and explain it to them.

they fixed my problems a couple of times and are fairly quick.

they even contacted me a couple weeks later to make sure all was good.

Great contact email, thanks!

Just to help me understand, I sent them a test email asking about help with a Medallion problem. 

8 minutes later I got the following response:

Dear BG,

Thank you for your email.  

We apologize for the challenge you've been experiencing and are eager to help you get OceanReady.

Please reply with a few additional details so we can take a closer look.

1. Full Name on Reservation:
  2. Phone Number:
  3. Date of Birth (Year-month-day...ie. 1977 Aug 18): Please use the text abbreviation rather than numerical for month, this helps easily identify the booking in our system.
  4. Booking Number: 
  5. Sail Date: (Month-day-year…ie. Jan 15 2022) Please use the text abbreviation rather than numerical for month, this helps easily identify the booking in our system.
  6. Ship:
  7. Device Type (brand and model) being used when accessing the MedallionClass app:
  8. Operating System on Device:
  9. Specific issues experienced:

This information will allow us to further identify what might be taking place. Once we have this info, we will evaluate and get back to you ahead of your voyage.

As an additional option you may enter your check-in information in the new web based version by using this link:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

To be sure your device is capable of running Medallion Class please note, the minimum Operating system needed to have MedallionClass App function properly is.

Apple: iOS: OS 13 / 2GB RAM

Android: OS8 / 2GB RAM 

And the latest version of MedallionClass is 3.8.0 or later

Kind regards,

MedallionClass Support Team

Please contact us at one of the following numbers for additional support.

US 800-774-6237

UK 0344-3388-663

AU 61-2-8424-880

Edited by Bgwest
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

To be sure your device is capable of running Medallion Class please note, the minimum Operating system needed to have MedallionClass App function properly is.

Apple: iOS: OS 13 / 2GB RAM

Android: OS8 / 2GB RAM 

And the latest version of MedallionClass is 3.8.0 or later

This was all very helpful. I haven't cruised in a long time, so I went to check my MedallionClass version. It showed  3.0.9872 and was last updated on Feb 4, 2022. Does anyone else actually have ver 3.8? I looked on the Google Play site and this is the latest version they offer.

Edited by NoWhiners
verify inf

5 minutes ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

I was beginning to think that things were getting much better.  The Medallion App actually has a 4.6 rating on Apple's app store.  Who in the world is giving all those favorable ratings?  

I don't know. The highest it got on Google Play (Android) was 1.5 out of 5 😁

22 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

This was all very helpful. I haven't cruised in a long time, so I went to check my MedallionClass version. It showed  3.0.9872 and was last updated on Feb 4, 2022. Does anyone else actually have ver 3.8? I looked on the Google Play site and this is the latest version they offer.

3.8 is the most recent version on Apple store.   I would tell them you are running the most current version from Google Play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shelly97060 said:

3.8 is the most recent version on Apple store.   I would tell them you are running the most current version from Google Play.

Ahh, I didn't think of that. Thanks. When it is time for me to deal with this (September), I'll check again and let them know.

5 hours ago, tcdcruiser said:

My travel agent AND Princess.Com (Cruise Personalizer) has my birthday as May 20, 19XX.  But the Medallion App thinks my birthday is May 19, 19XX.  As a result I cannot add my US Passport data to the Medallion App since my US Passport Birthday (correct) does not match the Medallion App Birthday (incorrect).  I'm considering lying to the Medallion App and recording the wrong date, but figure this will create onboard issue with CBP.

PCL tech support seems confused.   Anyone else experience this issue?  Any insights?   

Cruise Safe and Thanks.

Have you tried to enter the passport information manually in the web version?  Not sure it that would work but could be worth a shot. 

1 minute ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Then what are you seeing that shows 3.8?  Because the link clearly displays 4.6, which once again sounds insanely high.  Even 3.8 sounds way higher than I would expect.  Maybe it's a recent Princess policy that all employees need to download the app and provide a rating.

The Apple store shows the current version is 3.8. If you recently downloaded the app or regularly update your apps ( mine auto update) then you would have 3.8.  If you don’t , you may want to check for available updates.