Iron and Ironing board

Bubba#1

Irons are NOT permitted in passenger staterooms because of a fire hazard. Don't get started on all the other things allowed in the cabins that can start fires. like lighters---it's X's rule and stand by it. I bring a small travel steamer, which works better than an iron for removing wrinkles from packed clothes. There's no place in a cabin to iron anything anyway. Who wants to iron on a dirty floor or carpet, and padding the floor with towels doesn't work at all with travel irons. Use the inexpensive pressing service for stubborn wrinkles.

You don't have to get so testy. BTW when I took the iron I wasn't aware that they weren't permitted. I don't use the press service because it takes you two days to get the piece of clothing back and if you are enjoying your excursions and the ship, you don't always think about what you are going to wear (at least I don't) two days in advance.:o)

Kitty9 wasn't being testy. She just remembers the heated arguments from the past. :D

It may not suit everyone but the various wrinkle release products have worked well for me. Hang them up, spray, and while you're doing the bathroom thing, they are getting wrinkle free.

I have a travel steamer that works great. Another thing that works is to hang the things in the bathroom after a shower. I have had a travel iron on Celebrity with no problem, but the thing is so heavy, that I just pack my light weight steamer. You put salt and water in it and steam away. It doesn't really get hot to the touch.

This thread caught my attention. I assumed there would be an iron in the room - how silly of me to assume anything. I will pack my iron.

Hi, I think the majority of folks would tell you that is not the

appropriate thing to do. Steamers, steam from the shower, wrinkle

release spray, or the ships services would probably be better choices.

Actually the steam from the showers usually works great, but a few years ago when we went to the Baltic we brought along a travel iron because I had two stepdaughters that were doing hand laundry and needed an iron because they were too "princess like" to wear anything that might even have a hint of a wrinkle and since we were paying for it we decided to use the travel iron! I know this is a major pain but depending where you are leaving from, you could easily iron everything the night before at the hotel you stay in and you should be ok.

Hi, I think the majority of folks would tell you that is not the

appropriate thing to do. Steamers, steam from the shower, wrinkle

release spray, or the ships services would probably be better choices.

Lois:

As always you are too kind to those who don't care about safety or the rules.

Hi Don,:) well, maybe they didn't "get it"...who knows?:confused:

Thought a reasonable post might help.

Someone else can put the "unreasonable reply" on a post;)

Downey Wrinkle Release.

Had a funny experience in Baltimore. Was there for a departure and had forgotten mine. Went to like 10 stores and never found it! We sure have it here at every grocery, Wally World, etc. Usually with the Fabreze and stuff!:)

Sending stuff to be pressed on X is certainly not a "small "fee

and if you have had a long plane flight even the best travelled clothes do crease up rather

I turn the shower on at highest temp

them close the curtain and hang any clothes that need to be uncreased either on towell rail or slip the hanger hook into the shower curtain rail runners

Depending on the fabric i can still take a while for this "ad hoc" sauna to have effect

Its a very great pity that X do not install laundromats like Hal and Princess etc

Hi, I guess small fee is all opinion. If I need something pressed I don't

think it is much more than I pay here at home.

I know there has been a list on here (somewhere)of what the actual

fees are for laundry...pressing only...etc. Pressing only..I had a

pants and top pressed...if memory serves it was only about 3.25 and

that was for same day service. I remember....I needed it back

for an afternoon event. It was worth the money too.

So I think it would have only been 1.75 for next day service.

As for self-serve laundry, I would never use it.

Archived