Saint Greg's Sailabration - LIVE - Carnival Glory March 5th-13th 2022

Saint Greg

Anyone know how long it’ll take to get from the ship to point 5 in costa Maya? The fact that it says something about taking a trolley down the pier has me really wondering. Are we talking a progreso situation or an Amber Cove situation?

26815545-6BC2-4C1B-909A-CDDB0A112023.thumb.jpeg.621fad43593d602d4c039b2eaf9fdefb.jpeg

• Like 1

12:30 I hear a bunch of banging on a door. Like three sets of 10. Then I hear someone scream “call security.” Then a bunch of loud talking profanity. I step out into the hallway. There’s a wet naked guy two doors down. I tell him everyone can hear him. He says “sorry man I’ve been drinking.” I go back into the room.

Security shows up. There’s a loud conversation between him and security that includes profanity. That quiets down. Then I hear a lady screaming at security that she has kids in the room.

I think it has finally calmed down.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

12:30 I hear a bunch of banging on a door. Like three sets of 10. Then I hear someone scream “call security.” Then a bunch of loud talking profanity. I step out into the hallway. There’s a wet naked guy two doors down. I tell him everyone can hear him. He says “sorry man I’ve been drinking.” I go back into the room.

Security shows up. There’s a loud conversation between him and security that includes profanity. That quiets down. Then I hear a lady screaming at security that she has kids in the room.

I love the "sorry man I've been drinking." That has become an excuse for anything and everything. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I got an invite this morning. 8:30 this morning. But I had a 9am excursion so I didn’t have time to read it. I took a pic and said, I’ll crop and post it later. I certainly didn’t think it would be tonight. The first port night. And like 8 hours notice.

452E14D6-4280-4123-A0C3-4E5C87106336.jpeg

And no sushi or Hors-d'œuvre, right?  🤨

4 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

That’s not funny. At all.

Hope you were able to get to sleep after the security/wet naked man ruckus! Was he at wrong room or something?

love the ruins pictures. 

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Oh at the alchemy bar earlier there was a couple next to me. The guy had his phone in a bag leaving a resort and it fell out in the taxi. And they got the tracking page and we we watching it drive around Cozumel.

Hubs phone fell out of pocket in Uber in Las Vegas. We were going to Fremont from strip, got to watch it drive around for an hour before driver got back down town to drop it off. At least he had option to get it back! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, monykalyn said:

Hope you were able to get to sleep after the security/wet naked man ruckus! Was he at wrong room or something?

I’m thinking either that or he locked himself out of his room and nobody was in it to let him in…welcome to my world…except I generally have clothes on when I leave the room. 

• Haha 12

The pier in Costa Maya is extremely long, and the port area itself is designed to make it difficult to get out. There used to be several exits, but they blocked them a few years ago, leaving only one way out. The route you're looking at is going to be a good twenty minute walk...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Anyone know how long it’ll take to get from the ship to point 5 in costa Maya? The fact that it says something about taking a trolley down the pier has me really wondering. Are we talking a progreso situation or an Amber Cove situation?

26815545-6BC2-4C1B-909A-CDDB0A112023.thumb.jpeg.621fad43593d602d4c039b2eaf9fdefb.jpeg

Your meeting spot looks to be a little further (less than 10 mins) than where we meet at for the transportation to Maya Chan. So, from ship to #5, i would say give yourself 30-35 mins.

Or, hop in a cab right outside the port area and have them take you to #5 😁

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 3:22 PM, Saint Greg said:

Have they changed their cakes since the restart? It seems I remember there being cakes that looked good on the outside but were just plain on the inside. I’d eat a bite or two and leave it.  I’ve had a couple of really good cakes these past few cruises.

We thought the same thing when we sailed the Horizon in Oct/Nov. The cakes were all good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Without pics it never happened...wait, nevermind, carry on 😇

Edited by Roscoe13
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

I remember it being difficult to figure out how to get out of the cruise area, but once we were out it was pretty straight forward.  I think the estimate of about 20 minutes seems about right.  I think we were able to get out where the red square is but your map looks like you need to go around the backside to get out.

Edited by detroitavant