JiJi Kitchen for two

Astromaid

10 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

If you go here as a couple, do they sit you with other people? What are your favorite dishes?

I was just looking at YouTube videos and the dining room at JiJis shows 2-tops but, seems they are really close together. They will try to accommodate requests for social distancing, just depends how busy they are. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Astromaid said:

If you go here as a couple, do they sit you with other people? What are your favorite dishes?

We were only 2, no one was sat near us but it was set up for 2 others to sit right next to us. The dining area seemed very small.  This was on the Vista. Btw EVERYTHING was delicious! 

Snapchat-1184770538.jpg

Snapchat-1273862419.jpg

Snapchat-255375877.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I didn't notice them sitting them together with anyone else when I went.

Had the pork belly, kung pao, fried rice, and wontons. All very good! The pork belly had the biggest wow factor, to me.

I liked the pork belly too. ...so much food I could finish it. I think I had the cashew something or other entree once. 

The dessert was so much better than the Mdr version. Fabulous.

20210911_183329.jpg

20210911_175947.jpg

20210911_180325.jpg

20210911_180838.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Astromaid said:

My wife and I just got off the Panorama yesterday. We ate at JiJi and Cucina Capitana twice each and we had a table for two every time. They were both really good!!

• Like 1

JiJi's is our favorite specialty restaurant on Carnival! Love, love, love it! We've eaten it every cruise it has been available, and often more than one night on a single cruise. 

Favorites, by far, as follows: 

Appetizer: pork belly and duck

Entree: peppered beef 

Side: noodles--sorry, I can't remember which one!

Dessert: rose creme brulee

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The chicken spring rolls, hakka noodles and the rose creme brulee were the only items I recall that were identical from Jiji's as well as Chibang.

Wow, I'm surprised such a small number of items made it onto the new menu when they opted to merge the Asian/Mexican into Chibang. Those rolls look a lot like the Vietnamese rolls I love.

11 hours ago, mondello said:

Wow, I'm surprised such a small number of items made it onto the new menu when they opted to merge the Asian/Mexican into Chibang. Those rolls look a lot like the Vietnamese rolls I love.

There may have been some others, but the quantity at Chibang was less and the quality took a dip as well.  Don't know if Chibang is worth the 15 upcharge that Jiji's charges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 11:01 AM, azjim66 said:

My wife and I just got off the Panorama yesterday. We ate at JiJi and Cucina Capitana twice each and we had a table for two every time. They were both really good!!

If you remember, can you provide some more details on both and your experience? I am likely going to book Jiji's on Vista for embark night as we are not big fans of the first night MDR and C del C some other night. I don't know about doing them twice but I wouldn't rule it out - do they tend to sell out in advance?

45 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

If you remember, can you provide some more details on both and your experience? I am likely going to book Jiji's on Vista for embark night as we are not big fans of the first night MDR and C del C some other night. I don't know about doing them twice but I wouldn't rule it out - do they tend to sell out in advance?

Last week's cruise we went twice, first night and last night. Booked ahead for first night and had to settle for a less desirable time for last night as I booked day before.

LOTS of food, the best, enjoyed it more than the steakhouse. Also the absolute best services each time I have eaten there.

It was my birthday and the whole staff including the chef came and sang happy birthday to me in their language. The second time we went chef recognized us and sent us a big bowl of complimentary soup, it was so good.

We have tried most everything on the menu and the only thing I wouldn't order again was the duck, not a personal favorite.

IMG_20220226_184625240.jpg

IMG_20220226_184938181.jpg

IMG_20220226_190349219.jpg

IMG_20220226_190756186.jpg

IMG_20220226_190756186.jpg

IMG_20220226_190800548.jpg

IMG_20220226_193002023.jpg

IMG_20220304_204226308.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

There are specials on the Vista for eating in 3 of the specialty venues.  It's 38 pp instead of 45.  You buy it on board and there are three tear off vouchers.  You can use it at Jiji's & Cucina or a 15.00 discount for sushi or pig & anchor.  You can double up as well such as one night at Jiji's and two at Cucina.  

We thoroughly enjoyed both venues the two times we cruised on the Horizon in 2018 and 2019.  The specials are only available on the 3 Vista Class ships

• Like 2

KmomChicago, we are back and did eat at JiJi's. It was mostly very good.  We had the spring rolls (very good) and the duck (best thing I had on the ship). For entrees we had peppered steak (very good) and short ribs (good,but to me was disappointing as it was lukewarm at best and I like my food hot), fried rice ( nothing special) and chinese brocolii (very good). We both had the rose creme brulee and that was fantastic. We are in our sixties and like Chinese food. When we got on board we looked at the week's dining room menu and chose what night to miss and immediately went up and booked our reservation. So I can't say if it is completely book up.

• Thanks 1