JUST OFF THE LEGEND

vadersprincess12

On 3/3/2022 at 2:19 PM, sparks1093 said:

We've never had this issue no matter what time we've arrived in line for parking, they didn't even check our documents but directed us to the porter area before proceeding to the booths to pay for parking. They typically won't let you into the terminal prior to your check in window.

When did you last sail Carnival from Baltimore?  We experience this in October of 2021.

• 1 month later...

Parking is $15/day or $105/week, only credit accepted.

If you're too early, you won't be allowed into the terminal. You should be able to wait in your car, I saw a few folks doing that. 

The folks at the entrance just ask if you are parking or dropping off and give you a piece of paper for that. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 9:14 AM, K&RCurt said:

The key to Embarkation in Baltimore is to pick a later time.  What exactly is the rush to get on-board after waiting in lines?

Last October on the Pride we got to the Baltimore Port at 1:15 for a 1:30 check in time. Very short line to get into the lot,  but they DID check our time and they were sending 2:00pm check in times away.  Dropped our luggage, no wait to pay, plenty of parking still availible, strolled right through Check-in and we were in our cabin, stuff dropped off and drinks in hand and Ringer from Guys in front of me by 1:45.

We used to be an "OMG We HAVE to be on the ship ASAP" couple, but a cruise with friends where we had to pick a later time cured us of that.  No more rushing, no more FTTF $. Arrive 1:30 or later and you breeze onto the ship, can go straight to your cabin which is ready for you and a bonus is the crazy lines at Guys are gone and there is seating availible because the "have to get on asap" folks have left with their carry-ons to go to their cabins.

Totally agree and excellent advice. Being one of the last ones to board means there are virtually no one else in the terminal and no lines. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mexicobob said:

Totally agree and excellent advice. Being one of the last ones to board means there are virtually no one else in the terminal and no lines. 

Totally agree! That's our mantra. Who needs that kind of stress with trying to be the very first on board. Been there....done that...and we didn't like it one bit! 

• Like 1

If you are being dropped off, will they let you into the area early? Trying to figure out what time to be picked up by the shuttle.  Last time, I drove (June 2019) it was an absolute disaster. They made us leave the area because of delays and by the time I returned at the time they said, the line was an hour and half to get into the parking lot. So I am trying to avoid that drama.

3 hours ago, sbc234 said:

If you are being dropped off, will they let you into the area early? Trying to figure out what time to be picked up by the shuttle.  Last time, I drove (June 2019) it was an absolute disaster. They made us leave the area because of delays and by the time I returned at the time they said, the line was an hour and half to get into the parking lot. So I am trying to avoid that drama.

They won’t let you into the check-in terminal early. But you can drop off your luggage and they advise you to wait in a little temporary building next to it.  Just an empty room with seats.

14 hours ago, sbc234 said:

We took the shuttle from our hotel and they didn't even stop at the gate, they drove through to the shuttle drop off area. 

We fly to our port city the previous day - and hotel check-out is  usually 11 am locally.  So I really don't know how we would spend our time nor what we would do with our luggage if we selected a 1pm or later boarding time. 

"Different strokes for different folks" applies well to this question.