Is boarding time enforced ?

2/6 oasis miami no queing.  Those with set sail just showed up and walked right through.  Ship half full.  
inwould assume with full ships to expect a queue.

does anyone know if uou have an aqua suite (royal class). If you can skip the queue?  

3 minutes ago, resetjet said:

2/6 oasis miami no queing.  Those with set sail just showed up and walked right through.  Ship half full.  

does anyone know if uou have an aqua suite (royal class). If you can skip the queue?  

if you have a 2br aqua suite (star class), you meet at the star class purple banner.  For Oasis in September, we arrived just before security opened and star class was moved to the front of the security line. 

8 minutes ago, Jkaczanowski said:

if you have a 2br aqua suite (star class), you meet at the star class purple banner.  For Oasis in September, we arrived just before security opened and star class was moved to the front of the security line. 

Ok i thought it was royal because there is a genie.  My sister has that,  we just have a balcony.  Maybe they will let us board together?  If not no big deal.

18 minutes ago, resetjet said:

I was on that sailing. We breezed through an early check-in too. I was in a suite so I didn't know if my experience was typical. 

When you're in a suite they still give you an arrival time, but they also say you can arrive an hour before or after that time, so a two hour window. We were in a sky class suite, not a star class suite. 

Our assigned time was 2:30, meaning we could arrive at 1:30 or later. We arrived at 12:15 anyway. There is a separate entrance for suite passengers and we asked the person at the door if we could board early. She checked our COVID test results and let us in the building. We went up an elevator to a lounge area. Here's the weird part, I haven't seen this before even for suites, but we didn't need to wait in a line. They just told us to have a seat on a couch. A few minutes later a guy came over with a tablet, inspected our documents, took pictures of them and of us. Then we were sent on board. 

Short answer is in our case the boarding time was not enforced. I didn't know if that was just for suites or for everyone. As resetjet noted, the ship was half full.

1 hour ago, SG65CB said:

I was on that sailing. We breezed through an early check-in too. I was in a suite so I didn't know if my experience was typical. 

When you're in a suite they still give you an arrival time, but they also say you can arrive an hour before or after that time, so a two hour window. We were in a sky class suite, not a star class suite. 

Our assigned time was 2:30, meaning we could arrive at 1:30 or later. We arrived at 12:15 anyway. There is a separate entrance for suite passengers and we asked the person at the door if we could board early. She checked our COVID test results and let us in the building. We went up an elevator to a lounge area. Here's the weird part, I haven't seen this before even for suites, but we didn't need to wait in a line. They just told us to have a seat on a couch. A few minutes later a guy came over with a tablet, inspected our documents, took pictures of them and of us. Then we were sent on board. 

Short answer is in our case the boarding time was not enforced. I didn't know if that was just for suites or for everyone. As resetjet noted, the ship was half full.

We arrived at 1:30.  Our time was 2:30.  When we arrived there was pretty much no passengers outside.  They motioned us up to the door and we went right in.  When we got in the building there was a long line for those that did not check in in advance.  We had the set sail boarding pass on our phones so they scanned it, looked at our vac cards, passports and test results, then we went through security and right on board.  It was the easiest cruise check in I have ever had.  I think the reason was the ship was half full, we arrived after all the early birds and before the people flying in.  Tomorrow we are gonna do the same thing, I will report what happens.

• Like 1

These are CHECK-IN TIMES not BOARDING TIMES,If your check-in time is 11:30 but the ship in not boarding yet,You go to the waiting area and sit in your crown&anchor area,So if the ship starts to board at 12:30 IT will go in the order of your C&A status,NOT YOUR CHECK -IN TIME.So say your C&A IS GOLD AND YOU CHECKED IN AT 11:30 YOU WILL BE THE LAST TO BOARD

On 2/28/2022 at 7:07 PM, mcatmcat said:

Hi

I was wondering if right now boarding time is enforced at Port Everglades.  like if you are ahead of schedule what do they do, do you step out to the side and are the first one boarding based on your time ? 
thanks 

My experience with the January 22 Allure sail, it seemed they were more interested and focusing on the vaccine cards and test result.  Same experience when I sailed Oasis in September from Bayonne.