Upgrade to concierge level

Geraldandsue

My husband amd I are traveling March 8-18 on the Rivera. We were offered an upgrade from veranda to concierge veranda.  Is it that much of a difference on the service and amenities? If so what is the perk that you enjoyed the most with concierge level.  Thankyou 

2 minutes ago, Geraldandsue said:

My husband amd I are traveling March 8-18 on the Rivera. We were offered an upgrade from veranda to concierge veranda.  Is it that much of a difference on the service and amenities? If so what is the perk that you enjoyed the most with concierge level.  Thankyou 

It depends upon how much they want for the upgrade....same size cabin plus a few bags of free laundry, expanded room service menu, use of the concierge lounge,.....some of the other perk are not valid right now (earlier embarkation time, rooms ready earlier on embarkation day and earlier date to make specialty dining reservations).   

3 hours ago, basor said:

It depends upon how much they want for the upgrade....same size cabin plus a few bags of free laundry, expanded room service menu, use of the concierge lounge,.....some of the other perk are not valid right now (earlier embarkation time, rooms ready earlier on embarkation day and earlier date to make specialty dining reservations).   

They want $200pp. Don’t think it’s worth it. Thanks for the input. 

• Like 2

We loved concierge on Riviera.  Used the spa deck and Concierge lounge every day.  It was so convenient to get a cup of coffee early in the morning.  We were in 9019, very close to lounge

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Geraldandsue said:

...We were offered an upgrade from veranda to concierge veranda.  Is it that much of a difference on the service and amenities? If so, what is the perk that you enjoyed the most with concierge level. 

Also depends on the location. Wife and I had room 9036 A4 Concierge on Riviera 12/13-23/21 (W. Caribbean). Aft away from elevators, which is where I wanted to be. 9th floor has the Concierge Lounge, which we used at least 3 or 4 times a day. To get coffee and drinks and snacks. As well as talk to the concierge about a few things. And we both enjoyed the Spa Terrace with therapy pool daily. You get the bottle of champagne and the nice Oceania carrying bag, too. Whether it is worth it for you...is up to you. I'd take it, but that's me. 

We booked Concierge for our first (and so far, only) O cruise. It was fine. When we came to book our forthcoming one, I suggested that it wasnt worth it to me. My companion in life  disagreed. End of story. We are having a concierge again.

Now, if O wants to offer a deal on an upgrade to PH, then I'm listening intently.

2 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Also depends on the location. Wife and I had room 9036 A4 Concierge on Riviera 12/13-23/21 (W. Caribbean). Aft away from elevators, which is where I wanted to be. 9th floor has the Concierge Lounge, which we used at least 3 or 4 times a day. To get coffee and drinks and snacks. As well as talk to the concierge about a few things. And we both enjoyed the Spa Terrace with therapy pool daily. You get the bottle of champagne and the nice Oceania carrying bag, too. Whether it is worth it for you...is up to you. I'd take it, but that's me. 

I think you put in wrong cabin # 9036 is forward and a Cat. A3 near the Concierge lounge

36 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

we are crossing the Atlantic, in two weeks....wont the thalasopool be too cold...or do they cover it with a dome?

it is heated

Unless it is rough seas  then it will be open

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

Yes heated but the air outside isnt. 

a drained, covered pool is of no use to anyone...

Our friend went swimming in the pool when we were in the Arctic circle  so depends on your POV 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Damn progressive trifocals and clumsy fingers... 9136,

Join the club LOL do you remember if the door to your cabin opened to the right and the bed was on your left.?

1 hour ago, Acrusa said:

Join the club LOL do you remember if the door to your cabin opened to the right and the bed was on your left.?

when you look at the deck plan the indent at the doorway shows the wall to the next cabin on your left   so the head of the bed will be on the right   usually 😉

image.png.bada3dd8d0387a2478294e113ba61288.png

10 hours ago, Acrusa said:

... do you remember if the door to your cabin opened to the right and the bed was on your left?

For 9136: When standing in the hallway opening the door to get in, the bathroom is immediately on the right and past that the bed also on the right as you walked toward the balcony. The sofa also on the right across from the desk on the left. (IIRC the door handle was on the right side and open inward toward the left.)

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

see post #20

Sounds like the one on Oceania website that I posted

Yes it does but the PDF I sent is off of Oceania web site and is the same as the one in there brochures 

1 minute ago, Acrusa said:

Yes it does but the PDF I sent is off of Oceania web site and is the same as the one in there brochures 

well guess when the pax board they will find out what plan is correct 😉