Help airline moved up my return flight!

Ang517

This will be our first time disembarking from the Rome port. The airline has moved our flight home to USA up to 10:30 in the morning. Is this a viable option? Can we get to the airport in time? Thank you for the help!! We have done self carry domestically and gotten off very early but I am not sure how it works internationally. 

5 minutes ago, Ang517 said:

This will be our first time disembarking from the Rome port. The airline has moved our flight home to USA up to 10:30 in the morning. Is this a viable option? Can we get to the airport in time? Thank you for the help!! We have done self carry domestically and gotten off very early but I am not sure how it works internationally. 

It depends on when you disembark.  It takes one hour to get to the airport.  You should be at FCO by 8:30 the latest for check in. You would need a private transfer to make it in that time frame.

So, the answer is you are not likely to make it.

See if you can change to a different flight.  Call the airline, there should not be any fees when they make a big schedule change.

• Like 2

The airport is super busy in the morning as many international flights leave before noon.  Lines are long to check bags and get through security.  Unless you have priority check in with your airline, allow 3 hours for check in.  On our last cruise to Rome, we checked into a major chain airport hotel at the conclusion of our cruise.  We used their shuttle to the City of Rome for our last day in Italy.  Spent the night and walked to the airport early to check in the next day

Edited by yogini06
detail
  • Like 1

This is a common occurrence...rarely do they make the changes later at FCO. I try to warn people when they ask how early they can book.

You might make 10:30, but it's going to be very stressful. FCO is far from an efficient airport.

• Like 1