Single Cabins

5 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Great link.     I travel solo.  But really enjoy the double a&c points.   
May have to look at the difference in $$$. 
but I need balcony’s so.    

The real solo magic starts at 340 points in the CAS. 

There are some reduced single supplement cruises out there.  Look at the recently released sailings to find them as they are limited and go quickly.  Even Voyager from Canaveral for Thanksgiving and Christmas had reduced single supplement rates.  They are hard to find for holiday cruises.

4 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Great link.     I travel solo.  But really enjoy the double a&c points.   
May have to look at the difference in $$$. 
but I need balcony’s so.    

Some of the single cabins on RC ships like Quantum have these with balconies too and are midship being placed on decks 6 and 7 but beware, some ships with single balconies have obstructed views (eg lifeboats).

I just booked the odyssey for March 3, 2023. I got a solo balcony cabin. There’s only a few of them which is why I booked early before they sell out. Of course it’s a very small cabin but I don’t care as long as it has a balcony. 

Check Categorization Grid .

Does not yet include Wonder or ICON, but does have OY.

QN class all have 12 studio balconies (2F).

QN class except OY have many studio interior (2W).

AD (5 cabins) and MA (4 cabins) have studio interior (2W).

RD class each have 3 studio interior (2W).

HM eliminated all studios 2 years ago.

You may need to call in for any of the 2W studio interior cabins.  They very rarely show up early for booking on the web.  Come close to sailing, they're all booked.

Edited by gmerick
  • Like 1

I was going to book one of the studio (single occupancy) balconies on the Anthem for a 2023 cruise, but the pricing was weird. The initial room rate didn’t look so bad, until I realized that they were only charging half of double occupancy... but that room is not available for double occupancy. So when I tried to calculate the rate, it doubled, then they applied the current discount. The discounted price still seemed a little higher than I expected, so I checked with my TA and she confirmed the rate. It wasn’t horrible, but it was more than I had expected. Out of curiosity, I compared the pricing to a regular balcony room. The fare for the regular balcony room actually came out slightly lower than the studio balcony… so I booked the larger room, instead.

14 hours ago, gmerick said:

Check Categorization Grid .

Does not yet include Wonder or ICON, but does have OY.

QN class all have 12 studio balconies (2F).

QN class except OY have many studio interior (2W).

AD (5 cabins) and MA (4 cabins) have studio interior (2W).

RD class each have 3 studio interior (2W).

HM eliminated all studios 2 years ago.

You may need to call in for any of the 2W studio interior cabins.  They very rarely show up early for booking on the web.  Come close to sailing, they're all booked.

Lol and make sure YOU know they are there and what you want. I've had trouble 3 times calling in being told they dont exist. A lady who said she worked for crown and anchor for 5 years .. I told her where on the deck plans to find them lol. 

8 hours ago, OhJinkies said:

I was going to book one of the studio (single occupancy) balconies on the Anthem for a 2023 cruise, but the pricing was weird. The initial room rate didn’t look so bad, until I realized that they were only charging half of double occupancy... but that room is not available for double occupancy. So when I tried to calculate the rate, it doubled, then they applied the current discount. The discounted price still seemed a little higher than I expected, so I checked with my TA and she confirmed the rate. It wasn’t horrible, but it was more than I had expected. Out of curiosity, I compared the pricing to a regular balcony room. The fare for the regular balcony room actually came out slightly lower than the studio balcony… so I booked the larger room, instead.

Well that reminds me of what happened to me when I was trying to book the odyssey for next year. I got the single rate only if I would book a nonrefundable deposit. However if I try to book with a refundable deposit the fair doubled in price. 

6 minutes ago, Marie51 said:

Well that reminds me of what happened to me when I was trying to book the odyssey for next year. I got the single rate only if I would book a nonrefundable deposit. However if I try to book with a refundable deposit the fair doubled in price. 

It seems that if you book the nonrefundable and then cancel, you'll only get cruise credit, and have to pay a $100 fee to reschedule. I think I'd prefer to risk that than pay so much more for a refundable cruise - I think my fare was going to be about $300 more if I took the refundable option. I read on Matt Hochberg's blog that you can book with the refundable deposit, then change to non-refundable as you get closer in (though I don't know if that's a simple change or a major rebooking effort) but you can't suddenly decide to change from non-refundable to refundable.

27 minutes ago, OhJinkies said:

I read on Matt Hochberg's blog that you can book with the refundable deposit, then change to non-refundable as you get closer in (though I don't know if that's a simple change or a major rebooking effort)

It's simple, but it may not provide the same (or any) savings (between refundable and NRD) as at initial booking.

8 hours ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

Technically, all of the cabins are "single" if, you travel by yourself. 🙂

oh you read my mind.

And really some of the best truly solo cabins are on NCL with a dedicated lounge as well as nice inner hallways in upper levels of the ship.  No sticking a few rooms here and there to say they have a few solos.  I know this is RCI thread, but most solo travellers know how good NCL can be most of the time.

Occasionally a regular room at solo rate can be less, but nice to have the lounge.