Vaccine requirement question

richbum

Not cruising for now,  because our kids, are not vaxxed..     And to reflect, others; you do you.  Peace.

As to loosing business, in short run, no way, too many backed up cruise credits moving forward.    Long term.... Maybe.   At least from those traveling with kids, and have worries about whatever.    I figure in about 12 months the requirement will be gone anyway.

Edited by Elbozi

Got vaccinated as its available and I don't want to get a nasty/potentially fatal virus. 

Vaccinations are largely a non issue in most countries in Europe, our governments have agreed a system of proof of vaccination, the problem is any need to book in advance logistical issues, or possible quarantine requirements

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

It used to be two, but now many European countries are stating that if your second vaccination was more than 270 days ago, a booster vaccination is required to be considered fully vaccinated.

Triple jabbed is the usual minimum requirement now, unless for a child

47 minutes ago, Pudgesmom said:

I would not cruise without a vaccine mandate. It would be unusual for a couple to both have the same allergy to the vaccination, which is the the only medical reason not to. 

Especially as there are various different vaccines available.

For one couple to be allergic to all available vaccines pushes the bounds of credibility.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Especially as there are various different vaccines available.

For one couple to be allergic to all available vaccines pushes the bounds of credibility.

Outside of anaphylaxis, which is some serious stuff, is there any medical condition that would automatically exclude someone from the vaccines?   I'm not talking about temporary situations that would delay a vaccine.

Of course,   I am not suggesting folks should not follow the guidance of their physicians when it comes to their individual medical issues.  

17 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Outside of anaphylaxis, which is some serious stuff, is there any medical condition that would automatically exclude someone from the vaccines?   I'm not talking about temporary situations that would delay a vaccine.

Of course,   I am not suggesting folks should not follow the guidance of their physicians when it comes to their individual medical issues.  

The advice in the UK is that you should avoid being vaccinated if you are about to undergo brain surgery !

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

The advice in the UK is that you should avoid being vaccinated if you are about to undergo brain surgery !

That would make sense!  Though once recovered, the person should be eligible I guess.  

On 3/3/2022 at 4:03 PM, Cdogg said:

Apparently, Cunard, at least according to their policy on their website, do not require vaccine for sailings after April 17th QM2 and May 17th QE.

In my opinion, they are out of line with the industry on this one. I may be canceling as a result.

https://www.cunard.com/en-us/the-cunard-experience/sailing-with-confidence/our-assurance-to-you#vaccine

All guests (of all ages) will need to be fully vaccinated in order to travel on any voyage departing up to and including April 17, 2022 for voyages on Queen Mary 2 and May 17, 2022 for voyages on Queen Elizabeth.......

The vaccine policy currently does not apply to sailings beyond these dates, or on Queen Victoria, scheduled to return to service on June 5, 2022.

They've had that on their website since last year - I would say its about due for an update 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:49 PM, rkacruiser said:

I prefer not to cruise at this time because of the mask requirements.  Vaccine requirements?  Keep them in place!  Relaxing those would make me probably not want to cruise.  

On 3/2/2022 at 5:39 PM, lissie said:

I  wouldn't cruise unless they keep the vaccine requirement.  My partner is vulnerable and you can still catch it even when triple vaxed. Plus the ship wouldn't be allowed into most countries because countries have that requirement 

7 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

I would not cruise without a vaccine mandate. It would be unusual for a couple to both have the same allergy to the vaccination, which is the the only medical reason not to. 

I also would definitely not consider a cruise without a vaccine mandate.  I suspect far more business might be lost in removing the vaccine requirements prematurely than is lost with having them in place.   

• Like 6