U.K. travellers

It depends on the country's criteria.  When I went to Barbados the other week for my cruise on Grandeur, I had to take proof of negative PCR test 3 days before arrival to Barbados to gain entry and ship still required antigen test to be done before getting on board and I'm a triple vaccinated person.  The UK government website gives travel advice of entry requirements for countries so check this out to avoid any problems.  Policies are changing all the time and there's talk that people will be able to go mask free for travel from mid 2022 so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Current rules are test 2 days before cruise. You can use the same test you used from flying UK > US to board the ship as well (assuming it was done in the right time frame).

Sorry, I don’t know what that means 🤷‍♀️

let's say you flight out of the UK on Friday and board the ship on Saturday, then you can test in the UK on Thursday and use the same test results to board the ship.    Just have to make sure the test you do in the UK is done to agree with the time zone difference for your sailing out of LA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, debgreg said:

Looking at end of March from LA, confused re testing for fully vaccinated ( have boosters) I think we have to test two days before flying, but what about boarding the ship ? Thanks 

You test 24 hrs before you fly into the USA.  My flight was at 12:30p on a Monday so I booked the test for 1:00p on Sunday. 
The fit to fly at Lloyds (in Sainsburys) was acceptable. 

Rules for testing before boarding vary by port so check RCI Healthy Sail website for current info 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone, it gets so confusing with all the changes. Sailed out of Cyprus October but they tested you at the port but now it seems you have to do your own. I presume the flight time is 24hrs before you land ?

We will be in LA for 3 days prior to cruise, so obviously the previous test will be no go, where do we do one to board, any idea ? 

7 hours ago, little britain said:

You test 24 hrs before you fly into the USA.  My flight was at 12:30p on a Monday so I booked the test for 1:00p on Sunday. 
The fit to fly at Lloyds (in Sainsburys) was acceptable. 

Rules for testing before boarding vary by port so check RCI Healthy Sail website for current info 

Thanks LB, we always seem to travel at the same time, but maybe that’s because you are always travelling 😂

As we are staying 3 days before the cruise in LA we will have to test 2 days before but I’m not sure where we would get the tests from, can you take one with you ? 

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

let's say you flight out of the UK on Friday and board the ship on Saturday, then you can test in the UK on Thursday and use the same test results to board the ship.    Just have to make sure the test you do in the UK is done to agree with the time zone difference for your sailing out of LA.

Thanks, I read it again and understood 😂 as we are staying 3 days , this won’t apply 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Thanks, I read it again and understood 😂 as we are staying 3 days , this won’t apply 

Yeah, nightmare! We are in US for a week before we cruise.

Just to confirm - different to what was stated before, for flying the restriction is 1 DAY before, not 24hours. That means if your flight is at 1pm on Friday you can take it ANY TIME on the Thursday (7am, 7pm it makes no odds...it doesn't have to be after 1pm).

In terms of where to get a test for boarding, these test have to be video calls and so I'm booking mine before we go with a UK company, taking it with me and then completing the video call 2 days before boarding.

Hope this helps?

Ta!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Just to confirm - different to what was stated before, for flying the restriction is 1 DAY before, not 24hours. That means if your flight is at 1pm on Friday you can take it ANY TIME on the Thursday (7am, 7pm it makes no odds...it doesn't have to be after 1pm).

In terms of where to get a test for boarding, these test have to be video calls and so I'm booking mine before we go with a UK company, taking it with me and then completing the video call 2 days before boarding.

Hope this helps?

Ta!

That would be my recommendation too. Finding tests once you’re in the US may be difficult as many of the places recommended by Americans here (CVS, Walgreen etc) only make them available to Americans with proof of US health insurance. There are walk-in test centres at most airports but they’re not cheap.

Many UK providers are available but I use Qured who charge £29 for a proctored test (less if you can find a discount code).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gumshoe958 said:

That would be my recommendation too. Finding tests once you’re in the US may be difficult as many of the places recommended by Americans here (CVS, Walgreen etc) only make them available to Americans with proof of US health insurance. There are walk-in test centres at most airports but they’re not cheap.

Many UK providers are available but I use Qured who charge £29 for a proctored test (less if you can find a discount code).

Adding my endorsement for this approach. Order the supervised test before you leave for the US and take it with you. The times you can take the test via the video link will, of course, be based on UK time.  The slight inconvenience of taking the test at an odd time - either early morning or very late at night depending on time zones - is far less stressful and less expensive than trying to find a test locally. We used Testing For All, a reliable non-profit, but there are a number of good providers in the UK you can order the test from.

5 hours ago, debgreg said:

Thanks LB, we always seem to travel at the same time, but maybe that’s because you are always travelling 😂

As we are staying 3 days before the cruise in LA we will have to test 2 days before but I’m not sure where we would get the tests from, can you take one with you ? 

Ha ha!

in January we booked the free drive through tests At Walgreens-  used a friend’s USA address and phone number. Not sure if these are still acceptable as you do the test yourself whilst they watch. 

Edited by little britain

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The timezone is irrelevant. They only want to see the date it was done on. It can be done anytime on the date, regardless of timezone differences.

19 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

The timezone is irrelevant. They only want to see the date it was done on. It can be done anytime on the date, regardless of timezone differences.

When traveling from europe to LA you will have a difference of 8 +/- hrs.  So that could definitely impact the date for most overseas travelers 

11 hours ago, amurray88 said:

Hope this helps?

Ta!

Thanks, that is useful, who are you booking it with ? 

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When traveling from europe to LA you will have a difference of 8 +/- hrs.  So that could definitely impact the date for most overseas travelers 

If the test shows it was done 2 days before the cruise departs then its fine. It could be done at 00.01 UK local time 2 days before the cruise departs from a US port and it would be fine. 

Edited by swoopy2110
  • Like 1