Cape Canaveral Rental Car drop off/pick up

cusecruiser

Has anyone rented a car recently to get to/from airport to pier?  We fly into Sanford airport (North of Orlando) the night before and we’re thinking of renting a car for my group of five to drive to the Pier at Cape Canaveral.  And again will want to rent a car when we get off Harmony, to drive up to Sanford for our flight.  Just not sure which auto rental places would be good to get car from as the reviews on line are confusing and make them all seem…not ideal.  Wondering if anyone has recent experience with car rental places, in this area.  Thank you.

All of the car rentals in PC/Cocoa Beach will provide you with a shuttle to the pier - you might want to drop off all of the passengers and bags and then just the driver can return the car and ride the shuttle to the port.

Pre-Virus we always used Avis and were happy with the service.  Have not (YET!) cruised out of PC since things opened up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohninDC said:

All of the car rentals in PC/Cocoa Beach will provide you with a shuttle to the pier - you might want to drop off all of the passengers and bags and then just the driver can return the car and ride the shuttle to the port.

Pre-Virus we always used Avis and were happy with the service.  Have not (YET!) cruised out of PC since things opened up.

Thank you!

8 hours ago, JohninDC said:

This is exactly what our group of six will be doing end of April.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 1:31 PM, MARK1970 said:

Renting from AVIS before and after cruise. Will drop off and pick up at location close to port.  They will shuttle us free to and from the port. 

Report back how it works out.  We are sailing in November on Wonder and I'm trying to figure out the best most cost effective way to get from MCO to our CoCo hotel and then the ship.   Car services are crazy expensive for six people.  

• Like 2

On 3/5/2022 at 2:18 AM, Ashland said:

This is exactly what our group of six will be doing end of April.

Would love to know how this goes. My sister and her family of 7 are cruising for the first time, leaving out of PC. We've been trying to work out transportation and this seems like the best option since they are arriving the day before. We sail two weeks after and are definitely using Avis for a one day rental, returning the morning of the cruise, then either shuttle or uber/lyft back to MCO after. 

4 hours ago, Naespiffi05 said:

Would love to know how this goes. My sister and her family of 7 are cruising for the first time, leaving out of PC. We've been trying to work out transportation and this seems like the best option since they are arriving the day before. We sail two weeks after and are definitely using Avis for a one day rental, returning the morning of the cruise, then either shuttle or uber/lyft back to MCO after. 

We'll be traveling end of April. Renting on arrival into MCO ... driving to Port Canaveral for 2 pre-cruise days. Then will be using Cruise Control cruise end day to get us back to MCO for flight home.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

We'll be traveling end of April. Renting on arrival into MCO ... driving to Port Canaveral for 2 pre-cruise days. Then will be using Cruise Control cruise end day to get us back to MCO for flight home.

We have always used the ships shuttle to get us back to MCO at the end of a cruise.  It's cheap and not much hassle.  In the past we have used a car service for MCO to our hotel and hotel to port, but I'm finding $600 quotes for vans and large SUV's that will hold six and luggage.  I rented a party bus in FLL not to long ago for 14 of use for less than $400.    

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We have always used the ships shuttle to get us back to MCO at the end of a cruise.  It's cheap and not much hassle.  In the past we have used a car service for MCO to our hotel and hotel to port, but I'm finding $600 quotes for vans and large SUV's that will hold six and luggage.  I rented a party bus in FLL not to long ago for 14 of use for less than $400.    

We decided to have the same private shuttle company to pick us up at MCO and take us to our PC hotel. No large type van available for the 6 of us to pick up at MCO and return to PC....and even if there was $600+...no way.

On 3/14/2022 at 11:12 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Report back how it works out.  We are sailing in November on Wonder and I'm trying to figure out the best most cost effective way to get from MCO to our CoCo hotel and then the ship.   Car services are crazy expensive for six people.  

I will let you know how it worked out for us.