Embark in US - Disembark in Canada

scoochy12

Hi All,

We have always had a closed loop cruise. We are US citizens. I have not found a clear answer to this and know you will have experience with this to help 🙂 .

What is the procedure to disembark in Canada with Covid testing these days when arriving in Canada? Do we need to go right to the airport and fly home? Or are we allowed to spend the day? or even overnight with quarantine? Any and all information is greatly appreciated! TIA

At the moment, fully vaccinated non-Canadian nationals may enter Canada with a monitored Rapid Antigen test.  Things may change and I don't know when you are sailing.  I recommend you monitor this site.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just came back to Canada a few days ago, with much pouring over all the new, current requirements. As  a foreign national, you must be fully vaccinated ( boosters not required), and have a negative Rapid Antigen test within 24 hrs or a negative PCR within 72 hours. You are now allowed into the country. You do not need to quarantine, and are free to stay a while and leave when you want. Hopefully they will administer tests on board.

Of course, this is now, and everything is subject to change at any time.

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Thanks 1

The Minister of Transport will be announcing the cruise protocols for entry to Canada this coming Monday, March 7. I'd be very surprised if the entry regulation for cruises will be the same as those for arrival by air and land.

18 hours ago, lupaglupa said:

I assume you are doing the Boston to Montreal cruise. We have done this route both ways and highly recommend it. I hope you can figure out the covid issues as it is a lovely cruise. 

And both those cities have so much to offer if one does a stay before or after the cruise.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

have a negative Rapid Antigen test within 24 hrs or a negative PCR within 72 hours. 

Just a correction on the above.  The antigen test can be taken anytime the day before and isn’t constricted by 24 hrs.

In any event, OP, I would wait until the new protocols for cruising are released, as well as any HAL updates.  Have a great trip!

D639CE50-8A15-430F-AB2D-DF7476AFD225.thumb.jpeg.2970fd889a274746816b1702356bdcdb.jpeg

• Like 1