New Promotion: Wonderful Weekend Sale

dreams_of_travel

I happened to be checking pricing on a recently booked cruise, and noticed this new promotion.  It is the Wonderful Weekend Sale touting up to $300 off/person, 25% off cruises and airfare, and of course Always Included.   I was able to get my cruise repriced, today.  I'm a happy camper.  YMMV

52 minutes ago, karma459 said:

My upcoming cruise is about $300 less.. it’s past the point of final payment. Will they reprice or give OBC or am I out of luck? 

I was wondering the same thing.  I haven't had time to do a look through this forum yet.  I recall reading something about that before, repricing, and getting OBC credit of the price difference.  🤷🏻‍♀️

2 hours ago, karma459 said:

My upcoming cruise is about $300 less.. it’s past the point of final payment. Will they reprice or give OBC or am I out of luck? 

You should be able to get the difference as non-refundable OBC to use in the Pre-Cruise Planner or onboard.

2 hours ago, karma459 said:

We received OBC for a price reduction we did on a post final payment.

4 hours ago, davy jones said:

Would you lose any existing OBC from the initial fare?

We are past final payment and had a $300 OBC from the Black Friday Sale.  I called this morning and received more OBC for the price difference and did not lose the OBC I had originally,  My room is an O8 but  is sold out, there is still O7 avail and  I received the price difference for that category. I could move to an O7 stateroom but I did not like the locations remaining.  If I wanted to upgrade higher I could but if the stateroom was  more than I originally paid I would not be able to keep the original  OBC.

We have 4 upcoming Celebrity cruises, one where final payment has been made, and the other three where it has not.  Two of these cruises were Lift & Shift cruises, so as you might guess, our current pricing is better than the sale on both of those.  Of the other two cruises, we got a meaningful reduction on one (around $500, but I have not seen the revised invoice yet), and nothing on the other.  My take is that it is a "real" sale and not just smoke and mirrors, but it all depends on your current pricing and what has happened to the pricing on that cruise in the intervening months.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1

We just had our May 22 cruise on the Eclipse repriced for the second time this week. We saved $1000 from the first 25% off sale and another $300 today with the weekend sale. Once again, pleasantly surprised and happy.