VeriFLY

PROCRUISE

1 hour ago, Kiwifan56 said:

Sadly our Australian cruise is not setup for Verifly. 😪 

I hope you are being sarcastic. It is the worst app I've ever tried to use. I spent over 2hrs trying to get it to finally accept my vaccination code, then I tried to add my husband's for another 30 minutes. When I gave up, all MY info was gone. Emailed for help and then they told me if you change devices, all info is lost...☹️. I will be in the no "Verifly" lane.

2 hours ago, PSR said:

I hope you are being sarcastic. It is the worst app I've ever tried to use.
...☹️. I will be in the no "Verifly" lane.

No but I agree that the app isn’t as good as it is made out to be, certainly in our case. Like you I spent so much time trying to get my partner added only to find out our cruise isn’t eligible. 🤨 

I have read that for some it worked a treat but it’s a big thumbs down from me too. 

2 hours ago, Kiwifan56 said:

No but I agree that the app isn’t as good as it is made out to be, certainly in our case. Like you I spent so much time trying to get my partner added only to find out our cruise isn’t eligible. 🤨 

I have read that for some it worked a treat but it’s a big thumbs down from me too. 

I had an issue with loading my data and had to start all over.  However, once we were at the pier and used it things were great - took less than a minute to show it and go inside, plus the line to get to the door was much shorter.  I would still do it, even with the problems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

With the relaxed health protocols, how much help would using Verifly be?  Would HAL accept the New York State Excelsior Pass as proof of vaccination or would I need to display my original CDC cards?

It worked great for us - total in line and checkin took less then 2 minutes.  Other line alot longer.

I am much more comfortable using my laptop or desktop to do a lot of the pre-cruise stuff. Found out after struggling to get everything done, that it would not transfer to the phone and needed to do all of it on the phone from start to finish. Seems to me that you either spend a lot of time getting things to work with verifly or you print it all out and spend time in line at the port. Either time prior or at the port.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 11:55 AM, RedIguana said:

March 5, 2022

Dear Valued Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you on board Rotterdam for your upcoming cruise (booking ******).

We’re excited to pilot a program on select sailings, including your voyage, using VeriFLY, a new tool to help speed your check-in process at the terminal. VeriFLY is a secure, free, digital health “wallet” application that helps vaccinated guests easily and securely submit their negative COVID-19 test results, vaccination records, and required pre-cruise health survey. Completing these tasks before you arrive at the port will make your embarkation a faster and more seamless experience.

How to Use VeriFLY

Visit our website for information or follow these steps to get ready for embarkation:

1. Download the VeriFLY app at
    • Apple App Store
    • Google Play
  1. Create Your Account
    • Enter your first and last names as they appear on your booking
    • Provide your email address
    • Take and upload a picture of your face
  1. Add Holland America Line to Your Trip
    • Tap the search icon and look for Holland America Line
    • Add us to your trip
    • Provide the six-character booking number and the corresponding last name for each booking you want to manage
  1. Upload and Answer
    • Upload your proof of COVID-19 vaccination
    • Upload negative COVID-19 test results by 11:59 PM the night before embarkation
    • Complete health assessment within 72 hours before sailing after submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19 test results
    • Once all tasks are completed and required documents are approved you will see “ready to sail” or “checklist complete” and you’re ready for expedited check-in at the terminal!

As a reminder, if you completed the VeiFLY process you must have your VeriFLY pass with you and look for the VeriFLY signs upon entering the terminal at your scheduled check-in time (found on your Holland America boarding pass). We will have a special expedited path for you to follow. Please note that all guests in your party must have completed the VeriFLY process to use this line.

All guests, including those that have completed the VeriFLY process, must bring their travel documents, original proof of vaccination, and physical or digital copy of COVID-19 test results to cruise check-in.

Please note that you must still complete the mandatory items on the Navigator app or  Online Check-In, such as the the Cruise Contract, COVID-19 Risk Acceptance, and COVID-19 Vaccination Attestation in order to obtain your boarding pass. If you do not complete the VeriFLY process, you must also complete the Health Questionnaire at least 24 hours in advance of embarkation.

Thank you so much for choosing us for your cruise vacation, and we can’t wait to see you.

Warm Regards,

Holland America Line

And after repeatedly putting in our 6-character booking number and last name, and deleting app and stating over again and again,

it constantly said: ERROR has occurred, try again later. Tried again multiple times over four days with same result. To heck with Verifly!

Edited by PROCRUISE
  • Like 1

FWIW, we used Verifly on a recent cruise and had no issues.  At the port, though, there was not a dedicated Verifly line. Luckily, we got a checker who understood Verifly.  We've heard some cruisers get checkers who don't understand Verifly and insist on seeing the paperwork.  

On a previous cruise with HAL, there were separate lines for paperwork and Verifly. Hopefully, this is SOP for HAL.

We were told to download and complete the Verifly app for our Alaskan cruise on the Noordam, 8/28.  When we embarked I asked where the Verifly line was.  She said, "Oh, you have Verifly?  You can go to that guy over there."  (He happened to be the next open position.)  There was no specific line for Verifly.

34 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

We were told to download and complete the Verifly app for our Alaskan cruise on the Noordam, 8/28.  When we embarked I asked where the Verifly line was.  She said, "Oh, you have Verifly?  You can go to that guy over there."  (He happened to be the next open position.)  There was no specific line for Verifly.

In Seattle the Verifly line was separate and clearly marked.  Even had a lady walking around with a Verifly sign to point the way!  Guess it depends on the port.