Upgrading to Premium Beverage Package for Elite Members

kebrown

Does anyone know what the cost amount would be for an Elite member to upgrade the Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Package on a 14 night cruise?  I know that Elite members get a 10% discount on upgrades but I don't know how Celebrity calculates the difference in price from the Always Included Classic Package.  Also, can we upgrade through our cruise planner online or do we have to call Celebrity to get the 10% upgrade to Premium?

5 minutes ago, kebrown said:

Does anyone know what the cost amount would be for an Elite member to upgrade the Classic Beverage Package to the Premium Package on a 14 night cruise?  I know that Elite members get a 10% discount on upgrades but I don't know how Celebrity calculates the difference in price from the Always Included Classic Package.  Also, can we upgrade through our cruise planner online or do we have to call Celebrity to get the 10% upgrade to Premium?

The difference in price between the classic and premium is $10 plus 20% gratuity.  So with discount its an additional $10.80 per day. Well worth it if you enjoy specialty coffee, premium spirits and wines priced up to $15 a glass. Also included are smoothies, sparkling water, Evian plus a whole lot more. Worth it for a 14 day cruise especially if you have several sea days. 

For me, it was $8.50 a day with the 5% discount, total- ie, nothing  additional for gratuities. I should be able to do the math to figure out what it would be with the 10% discount but not today. This was done with a call to Celebrity, pre-final payment. 

Edited by 5waldos

My cruise planner shows $12 a day to upgrade classic to premium.  No discount doing it thru the cruise planner.  I upgraded on board with my sommelier and got a 10% discount.  You would have to call Celebrity to get the Elite or Elite+ discount ahead of time using your OBC or a credit card to pay for it.

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

The difference in price between the classic and premium is $10 plus 20% gratuity.  So with discount its an additional $10.80 per day. Well worth it if you enjoy specialty coffee, premium spirits and wines priced up to $15 a glass. Also included are smoothies, sparkling water, Evian plus a whole lot more. Worth it for a 14 day cruise especially if you have several sea days. 

Agreed.  Totally worth it.  Plus you may get the opportunity to try something you've never had before.   Being Elite does get you a discount also..10%

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

My cruise planner shows $12 a day to upgrade classic to premium.  No discount doing it thru the cruise planner.  I upgraded on board with my sommelier and got a 10% discount.  You would have to call Celebrity to get the Elite or Elite+ discount ahead of time using your OBC or a credit card to pay for it.

@Wineaux007how would you get discount onboard? Do you ask the sommelier or any bartender? I would actually prefer that so I can use my obc to pay for it.

6 hours ago, drakes2 said:

@Wineaux007how would you get discount onboard? Do you ask the sommelier or any bartender? I would actually prefer that so I can use my obc to pay for it.

I upgraded twice with the sommelier.  The first time got a 35% Elite+ discount.  You just have to ask.

6 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I upgraded twice with the sommelier.  The first time got a 35% Elite+ discount.  You just have to ask.

@Wineaux007Thank you. I'm only Elite but would get the ten percent if I upgraded pre cruise but my booking is in USD and since I'm Canadian the exchange rate is pretty unfavorable. Prefer to use the OBC I have once I'm on the ship. 

31 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

@Wineaux007Thank you. I'm only Elite but would get the ten percent if I upgraded pre cruise but my booking is in USD and since I'm Canadian the exchange rate is pretty unfavorable. Prefer to use the OBC I have once I'm on the ship. 

If you upgrade once onboard do you have to go to guest relations for a new key card? How would a bar know that you have upgraded your package? I've only had 1 beverage package last November and I upgraded over the phone so this is all new to me.

Is it possible to get a discount of more than 10% if we wait to upgrade once we are on the ship?  Does Celebrity ever offer 20% or 30% discounts to upgrade to the premium beverage package onboard the ship?  

5 hours ago, drakes2 said:

If you upgrade once onboard do you have to go to guest relations for a new key card? How would a bar know that you have upgraded your package? I've only had 1 beverage package last November and I upgraded over the phone so this is all new to me.

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Your seapass will have CALL (Classic Beverage Package) at the lower left corner.  When you upgrade, they put a sticker over it that says PALL (Premium Beverage Package).

And it shows in their system when they put in your room number. You really don't have to show your card anymore. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kebrown said:

Is it possible to get a discount of more than 10% if we wait to upgrade once we are on the ship?  Does Celebrity ever offer 20% or 30% discounts to upgrade to the premium beverage package onboard the ship?  

On our five X sailings, we’ve never seen a discount onboard for the premium upgrade.  Perhaps someone that has more X cruises under their belt can chime in if they’ve ever seen that happen.

You can upgrade any day of the cruise, and only pay for the remaining days.

11 minutes ago, hiccups said:

On our five X sailings, we’ve never seen a discount onboard for the premium upgrade.  Perhaps someone that has more X cruises under their belt can chime in if they’ve ever seen that happen.

You can upgrade any day of the cruise, and only pay for the remaining days.

36 cruises and once about 6 years ago the person doing the upgrade on board was new and gave us the a 10% discount.  At that time the Elite discount was suppose to be only on the purchase of a  beverage pack  not on the upgrade. 

• Like 1