Just been downgraded from booked and allocated cabin!!!

Fozzie100

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

So P&O have known for months that some passengers would have to be moved if they still needed the full quarantine zone. Very bad PR not to advise all those affected immediately and give them an opportunity to make their own decision to move/reschedule then, or take a risk that their cabin could free up.

Exactly. Something as simple as assessing cabin availability once full balances were paid and putting a hold on cabins that may be needed for those who had booked almost 2 years in advance may have alleviated a lot of the problems.  A stressful situation is made far worse by the knowledge that a cabin which would have suited your needs has been sold cheaply to a late booker while you are being fobbed off because everyone is too busy to engage with you.

Little things can make a huge difference.

Any news on your problem Fozzie100? 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Arcadia resumes service at the end of the month, after 2 years inactivity, and yet last week, only four weeks prior to the cruise, P&O were reallocating cabins !

Surely P&O must have known at the start of the year that cabins would have to be changed. 

However P&O want to dress it up, to implement cabin changes at this late stage is pure incompetence,  and a cynical way to avoid compensating those who paid a select fare, specifically to choose a cabin, and who are now being moved to cabins they do not want. 

Hi Wowzz, do you know some of the cabins that are being moved so we have some idea of where the isolation spaces are. 

28 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Hi Wowzz, do you know some of the cabins that are being moved so we have some idea of where the isolation spaces are. 

Only a limited number of replies on another media forum,  but the cabins involved are all towards the aft of the ship,  as you would expect.

If you have not been moved by now, you are safe !

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Only a limited number of replies on another media forum,  but the cabins involved are all towards the aft of the ship,  as you would expect.

Thanks for the reply. I’m not going on the first cruises. I assumed that they would not be at the very aft as there are no disabled cabins there. 

11 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Not the case John. The quarantine zones are fixed but there is the hope that they can be reduced at some point. That 'when' is unknown. 

They are not booking more than the planned capacity. But at the moment, we are still in the Winter 2021/22 program. A program that was on sale and being booked before the pandemic.

Once the quarantine zones are reduced, P&O will no longer need to move people in those cabins brought back into general service. P&O are holding out as late as possible in making that decision in the hope that they don't have to move people/as many people.

I don't think that is quite correct. We booked R202 on launch on 9 November 2020. There was certainly a pandemic on then! More likely, with vaccinations being rolled out, it was the expectation that things would be back to normal by now. The details of, and even the strategy of, isolation cabins are unlikely to have been established at that time, but rather evolved during the first resumption of cruises. Who knows (other than P&O who won't tell) how many, and which, cabins had been sold by then.

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Were these cabins all together or on different decks? If the former then surely this cannot be due to a change in the quarantine zone.

They were next to each other John. That's why we can't understand it. If they were to be isolation cabins why leave us next to them?

2 minutes ago, Danamis said:

They were next to each other John. That's why we can't understand it. If they were to be isolation cabins why leave us next to them?

I hope Moley has an answer for us. But if I were you I would be escalating this as high as you can, it smells of someone in the know getting your family bumped out of your aft cabins so they can enjoy them.

14 minutes ago, Danamis said:

I would be a bit pushy in this case to get an answer as it appears to make no sense. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that Princess aren't using the aft cabins for isolation because we always book aft cabins and have for all of our 3 cruises this year.

Josy I have  just asked that question on a new thread on the Princess board. Someone on the StThomas thread said the whole of deck 9 was quarantine but someone else indicated just aft deck 9.

I hope you are not on deck 9.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I hope Moley has an answer for us. But if I were you I would be escalating this as high as you can, it smells of someone in the know getting your family bumped out of your aft cabins so they can enjoy them.

i did wonder...

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

4 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Thanks for the reply. I’m not going on the first cruises. I assumed that they would not be at the very aft as there are no disabled cabins there. 

Just read elsewhere that cabin C132 Arcadia which is mid aft was moved to A83 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Just read elsewhere that cabin C132 Arcadia which is mid aft was moved to A83 

Also on the facbook group someone has been moved from an A300's accessible cabin which they needed. I can't see the logic.

11 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

That's worrying as I have C deck aft in May.  Watch this space!

8 minutes ago, Danamis said:

We have an Aft cabin booked on Arcadia for July. It is worrying to think they can be taken off us.

9 minutes ago, Danamis said:

Also on the facbook group someone has been moved from an A300's accessible cabin which they needed. I can't see the logic.

Not an Aft cabin but Mid Aft, in font of last elevators. No A300 cabin on Arcadia

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Lots of changes due to world events but insignificant to what we are seeing on the news so we should not be complaining really.  

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, a war in Ukraine shouid not be an excuse for P&O incompetence and avarice.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Josy I have  just asked that question on a new thread on the Princess board. Someone on the StThomas thread said the whole of deck 9 was quarantine but someone else indicated just aft deck 9.

I hope you are not on deck 9.

Thank you.  We are on deck 10.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, a war in Ukraine shouid not be an excuse for P&O incompetence and avarice.

Have to agree. Itinerary changes unavoidable but this cabin shuffling has nothing to do with poor Ukraine and is difficult to understand.  It is unfair to customers who have paid extra  to choose their cabin.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Fionboard said:

Have to agree. Itinerary changes unavoidable but this cabin shuffling has nothing to do with poor Ukraine and is difficult to understand.  It is unfair to customers who have paid extra  to choose their cabin.  

Very unfair - even more so at short notice - and a downgrade as well.

I spend a lot of time selecting the cabin I want especially on a ship I haven’t been on before or for a while. - deck - position - away from lifts - not above or below busy places etc and would hate it to be taken away. 
Sympathies to those who this has happened to.

very interested to hear what p&o offer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you.  We are on deck 10.

Deck 9 aft for us 😭 Oh well, it is what it is.

Determined to enjoy any cruise and if Princess do a cabin shuffle, then I will rest easy that a 'poorly someone' with Covid has our nice stateroom.

I am sure Princess will look after everyone the best they can 🤞🤔

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paulatsea said:

Very unfair - even more so at short notice - and a downgrade as well.

I spend a lot of time selecting the cabin I want especially on a ship I haven’t been on before or for a while. - deck - position - away from lifts - not above or below busy places etc and would hate it to be taken away. 
Sympathies to those who this has happened to.

very interested to hear what p&o offer.

It really doesn't seem like P and O are in a rush to reassure us that we are getting the holiday that we booked and looked forward to after the unavoidable cancellations.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Not the case John. The quarantine zones are fixed but there is the hope that they can be reduced at some point. That 'when' is unknown. 

They are not booking more than the planned capacity. But at the moment, we are still in the Winter 2021/22 program. A program that was on sale and being booked before the pandemic.

Once the quarantine zones are reduced, P&O will no longer need to move people in those cabins brought back into general service. P&O are holding out as late as possible in making that decision in the hope that they don't have to move people/as many people.

This makes me really edgy. As posted elsewhere we have an aft cabin booked (seems like since forever) on Ventura. Ok it is for August and we have messaged P&O to ask what would happen if that cabin was not available. Basically asking our options if they wanted to move us to a cabin we did not want - ie could we move cruises, get our money back etc. They didn't answer these questions but said it may all change, which we know. 

I am worried about the whole thing - we didn't enjoy our last cruise on Ventura and that was partly due to the cabin choice (well a big chunk of it) and we have decided to give her another go based on the fact we like the cabin .....

I have replied to their message and told them that they haven't answered my questions so will wait another 4 weeks to see what they say. If we don't get proper answers I am wondering if we will cancel before we have to pay in full.