No cabin upon boarding - what would you do?

orimeep

23 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

People who decide to make their journey into a B2B during the first cruise should not be allowed to dictate to Carnival that they be allowed to stay in the same cabin.  If their current cabin is already booked for the second cruise, they should have to move to a new cabin, period.

This is the issue as I see it. Why would they let the people stay in the same cabin if it's already booked? I'd be upset too.

As for the why are you still upset comments, we are all human everyone processes things differently, some times just putting it out there to vent get it off my chest helps, so people even feeling like they have been heard or validated, not that they need something done just heard.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

All this because they had to walk an extra 4 steps to get to the last door.  I understand being upset and irritated because the room screwup.   Once they got a room, problem solved....  

And what if there had not been a no show in a cabin only a few steps away? What then?

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

That's not what the guarantee used to say. Not sure if it's even a thing anymore though.

• If you’re not happy with any 3–14 day Carnival Cruise Line vacation you take to The Bahamas, the Caribbean, the Mexican Riviera, Bermuda, Canada/New England or Alaska, just let Carnival know within 24 hours of leaving the port of embarkation. If Carnival gets something wrong, they will refund 100% of your fare with no hassles and our Guest Services team will get you back to your home or port of embarkation free of charge.
  • Their Guest Services team will make all the arrangements to get you off the ship as quickly as they can, and fly you to either your home airport if you flew in, or back to your point of embarkation if you drove to the ship.
  • Simply notify Carnival’s on board Guest Services desk.  If you decide later that you want to give Carnival another try, they will give a $100 per stateroom on board credit to any guest in your party who exercised the guarantee and, within a year, books another Carnival cruise.
  • Applies to individuals who are U.S. and Canadian residents only.

They may get you home but you may be out any original flights, prepaid hotels.  

16 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And what if there had not been a no show in a cabin only a few steps away? What then?

First of all, capacity is currently limited so there will be availability.  But regardless of that, if you read my post, I said once they got a room (one door away) they should have let it go.  Carnival made a mistake and they made good on it..... There are more important things to get mad over than having to walk an extra 3 feet.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Buckeyefrank100 said:

First of all, capacity is currently limited so there will be availability.  But regardless of that, if you read my post, I said once they got a room (one door away) they should have let it go.  Carnival made a mistake and they made good on it..... There are more important things to get mad over than having to walk an extra 3 feet.

Seems to me that finding out someone else is already in the cabin that you have booked is a major big deal. And I guess there are always cabins available in the saved for quarantine section.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Seems to me that finding out someone else is already in the cabin that you have booked is a major big deal. And I guess there are always cabins available in the saved for quarantine section.

As I said before....   Yes finding out your cabin is missing is a HUGE deal.  It took Carnival an hour to get it straightened out (which would have been frustrating), but they got it taken care of.  The OP is holding a grudge primarily because the rooms weren't together.  That's the part that seems a little ridiculous.