How do I access shore excursion credit?

rojojacko

We’ve booked a cruise on Reflection sailing from Rome in a Sky Suite on the 5th August and received $800 on board credit amongst other benefits. When I look to see what to expect as a first time guest in a suite, I see that a shore excursion credit is listed as an additional benefit to the on board credit but I can’t see what or how much that benefit is or how to access and use this. Is there anyone who can advise me on how to access this? Also, any tips on how to maximise our enjoyment of this suite experience. 

Many thanks. 

Rob

Choose your cruise and select Plan my Cruise

Select any tab for Excursions or Various Packages.

At the very top  to the left of the Shopping cart you will see your "Celebrity OBC". 

Your agent's OBC will not show up until you are aboard.

I have this very same question. I'm starting to think the 800 dollars is the OBC + funds for an excursion. The way they sell it, it sounds like you get the OBC AND a free shore excursion from the excursions book. I'd much rather the second (more free stuff!) but I haven't found much about it on CC. Not sure if this is something relatively new- none of the old posts I've found talk about it much that I could decipher and instead talk about the OBC exclusively. I'm going to stay tuned to this thread in hopes I'm wrong and we will get a shore excursion in addition.

Edited by blueskadoo
  • Like 1

They sometimes couch the $400 pp OBC that comes with suites (cruise length dependent) as $200 OBC and $200 Shore excursion credit.   In reality the entire amount is posted as OBC which can be used for most everything onboard including shore excursions.

Thanks everyone. Like blueskadoo I had assumed that this was in addition to the OBC which I can see and have used to book some first night speciality dining, albeit that it shows as UK£ on my planner. I’m intending to do a tour with Celebrity on disembarkation day with an airport drop off as we have an evening flight home but I didn’t want to book it using my OBC if there is a separate and different excursion credit available. I’ll continue to monitor this thread in the hope that the mysterious and separately mentioned excursion credit can be found hiding somewhere!

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

They sometimes couch the $400 pp OBC that comes with suites (cruise length dependent) as $200 OBC and $200 Shore excursion credit.   In reality the entire amount is posted as OBC which can be used for most everything onboard including shore excursions.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Monitor away but there is no such thing a shore excursion credit.  Celebrity's onboard accounting system only has OBN and OBR for non-refundable and refundable OBC.

Exactly right.  It's all a lump sum non-refundable OBC that can be used for anything for which non-refundable OBC can be used, including shore excursions.    There's no separate shorex credit.