Door-to-Door executive Transfer process

WesW

What a mess with Blacklane. Booking was easy. But Blacklane canceled the ride just a few hours before the planned departure, because they couldn‘t find a driver. Not easy to reorganize our transfer from home to the airport. This is just the opposite of seamless travel.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, shipsmail said:

What a mess with Blacklane. Booking was easy. But Blacklane canceled the ride just a few hours before the planned departure, because they couldn‘t find a driver. Not easy to reorganize our transfer from home to the airport. This is just the opposite of seamless travel.

That is terrible!  I hope Silversea refunds you the taxi/Uber/ chauffeur car fare.

I still had my fingers crossed that all would go well, and it did. A text message came an hour before pickup with the driver’s name and car.

2 hours ago, Port Power said:

That is terrible!  I hope Silversea refunds you the taxi/Uber/ chauffeur car fare.

I still had my fingers crossed that all would go well, and it did. A text message came an hour before pickup with the driver’s name and car.

We use Blacklane all the time during travel and never have had a problem.  But we always book ourself never using SS transfer.

15 hours ago, ronrick1943 said:

We use Blacklane all the time during travel and never have had a problem.  But we always book ourself never using SS transfer.

I have used them also many times, but not with Silversea. It was always successful except when we waited in Vancouver airport for their driver and he never showed up. We got an extra voucher for that.

This time we also received a voucher of 25$ for our next ride, but I do not think it is sufficient as an apology. Silversea told me they will refund, but I do not know yet how much.

I understand why SS would work with a middleman like Blacklane - working with 100s of individual companies would be impractical.  The last minute cancellations could be a logistics problem within Blacklane, or they might need to work with more reliable car services.  Either way, if you look at Blacklane reviews, they tend to run to the extreme.  If they show up, they most often receive a 5.   But there are too many 1s due to last minute cancellations, and Blacklane doesn't arrange for an alternative when this happens. For airport transfers where schedule is critical, that just isn't acceptable.

I think the comments, positive and negative, depend so much on whom Blacklane outsources the transfers to. My experience to/from home/airport (Orlando) was so positive, I took their card to use them for other rides (e.g., SS transatlantic cruise that ends in Fort Lauderdale), including home to airports. Only 6 drivers and I was in a Mercedes the first time, and then last night in a BMW 7 series.

On 9/7/2023 at 10:13 AM, shipsmail said:

I have used them also many times, but not with Silversea. It was always successful except when we waited in Vancouver airport for their driver and he never showed up. We got an extra voucher for that.

This time we also received a voucher of 25$ for our next ride, but I do not think it is sufficient as an apology. Silversea told me they will refund, but I do not know yet how much.

Now Silversea made a refund to my CC for that last minute cancelation: it is € 77. If I had booked Blacklane myself (without Silversea), they would have charged for the van € 180.

Very disappointing, as on short notice it was not possible to get an adequate replacement. What are your experiences with a refund for a single canceled ride?

Edited by shipsmail

On 9/1/2023 at 7:33 PM, canderson said:

Perhaps not, but we've been zinged a couple of times when we were on an extended cruise with a lot of luggage, and it was a hassle getting something big enough to hold it.  Yes, I know you can specifically ask for a larger vehicle in some cases - though even then, that doesn't mean that's what is going to show up.

You certainly speak the truth there.  Even if the larger vehicle shows up, there's no certainty that it can hold your luggage.  We had that recently when the driver had two, large car seats in the payload.  That was something of a circus.