Timing of Move Up Offers

5waldos

I just found out I was upgraded from a balcony cabin to concierge class cabin. I got the offer to bid two weeks ago and I only bid $50 and I’m very surprised it was accepted.  My cruise is in two weeks. 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2022 at 1:39 PM, Honeybadger418 said:

I have a question regarding gratuities if a move up bid is accepted.  If someone has an inside cabin with gratuities included as part of the Always Included promotion and wins a Move Up bid to say, veranda or higher, are the paid gratuities still included as part of the move up bid, or is the difference in daily gratuity amount charged to the account of the people in the cabin?

My experience has been that if upgrade to a Suite from AQ - there are additional gratuities for the Butler.  The additional gratuities came with me and I was charge the difference daily per person.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Marie51 said:

I just found out I was upgraded from a balcony cabin to concierge class cabin. I got the offer to bid two weeks ago and I only bid $50 and I’m very surprised it was accepted.  My cruise is in two weeks. 

We are on the Edge on the 17th. We are now Aqua

Hello,

Yesterday, 2nd April, I bid to upgrade from Concierge to Sky Suite for Silhouette sailing 11th June.

Also yesterday I cancelled it.

This is because the upgrade bid page had the following spec for the Sky Suite:

• Bathroom with full tub/shower

• Private, spacious balcony

• Access to private restaurant, Luminae, and exclusive lounge

• Personal butler throughout your cruise

• All other suite class services and amenities

• Size: 300 sq. ft. plus 79 sq. ft. balcony

• Spacious room, sleeps up to 4

However on the 'The Retreat' page on the main public web pages it says:

General Terms & Conditions of The Retreat

*Guests who book The Retreat® on or after November 17, 2020 will receive the Indulge Package at no additional charge. Excludes guests who book The Retreat with special fares or a MoveUp upgrade from a non-suite stateroom.

These statements appear to me to be contradictory. My Concierge cabin has the Indulge Package.

I have email X for clarification that I expect to get by 12th June!

Regards,

Cublet

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Yesterday, 2nd April, I bid to upgrade from Concierge to Sky Suite for Silhouette sailing 11th June.

Also yesterday I cancelled it.

This is because the upgrade bid page had the following spec for the Sky Suite:

• Bathroom with full tub/shower

• Private, spacious balcony

• Access to private restaurant, Luminae, and exclusive lounge

• Personal butler throughout your cruise

• All other suite class services and amenities

• Size: 300 sq. ft. plus 79 sq. ft. balcony

• Spacious room, sleeps up to 4

However on the 'The Retreat' page on the main public web pages it says:

General Terms & Conditions of The Retreat

*Guests who book The Retreat® on or after November 17, 2020 will receive the Indulge Package at no additional charge. Excludes guests who book The Retreat with special fares or a MoveUp upgrade from a non-suite stateroom.

These statements appear to me to be contradictory. My Concierge cabin has the Indulge Package.

I have email X for clarification that I expect to get by 12th June!

Regards,

Cublet

If you purchased and have the Indulge Package with your Concierge cabin, it will move with you to any winning bid.  Perhaps you only have the AI package with your Concierge Cabin and then you will only receive the AI items with you winning bid.  Celebrity is very clear about this.  So perhaps the no additional charge comment is confusing you?  

I am in a balcony. If I win a bid on a Sky Suite, I do get Luminae and the Retreat, correct? (I just don't get other perks that may come with a suite, like better wifi, drinks or whatever). Right?

8 minutes ago, MDTrip said:

I am in a balcony. If I win a bid on a Sky Suite, I do get Luminae and the Retreat, correct? (I just don't get other perks that may come with a suite, like better wifi, drinks or whatever). Right?

Correct, unless you already have purchased the Indulge package

• 4 weeks later...

Assuming not all reservations are eligible for Move Up?  My trip is in 3 weeks.  I never received any emails and I cannot bid on the site.  It tells me to ensure my trip is within 21 days, which it is.  I also emailed with no response yet.    This reservation is from a Free Cruise certificate from MGM Rewards so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

27 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Apex leaves in 5 days , only read of one person getting a move up offer , ship is only about 2/3 filled 

I think there system is all screwed up on this cruise. I can't make any reservations and the people at X can't make them either. 

I wonder if the recent covid cases are going to scare anyone off.