We Sail on Sunday and She Doesn't Know! (I think) A Cruise on Anthem, 3/13 - 3/20

2 hours ago, Broons77 said:

Ahead of schedule, off we go in about 30 mins.  DW is quite excited to see David and just to get out of the house.  Normally a trip to the store is a big deal for her so a trip to NYC is like going to the moon!

But still no sign she thinks anything is going on.  If I can just keep my trap shut for another 24 hours, we're golden.  🤐

Don't forget the clocks spring ahead tonight. You don't want to miss the ship!!!  I'm so excited for you and your dear wife.  She is very lucky to have you!  I will be praying the surprise is momentous and the sun Gods shine down on you the entire cruise!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:24 PM, Broons77 said:

So I guess I'm doing this.  I can't promise @twangster or @Radio level reporting, but I'll do my best.  I lead a busy life and while I love my CC board time, I do need to be practical.  Especially given what I'm attempting.  So here's the deal.

Let's cruise!!!!!

Rest snipped…..

Wow, what a great post. I plan to follow along. Such a great gesture for your wife. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/10/2022 at 10:50 AM, Broons77 said:

I'll be the exhausted looking guy in the black (or yellow, I have a couple) Bruins cap 

A-ha, now I get the name. Nice play on words...love it...

We will be on Anthem next week, have a wonderful trip. Looking forward to reading more.

• Thanks 1

Made it to Jersey City!  Going to dinner in a few.  If not for the snow and fog, we'd have a perfect view of the south end of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and the Verrazano Bridge from our room.  The same one we'll be sailing under in less than 24 hours!!!!

DD and friend arrived safely as well.  They complained about the room service menu and went out for pizza.  SMH...

We're entering the borough of Surrealville.  More to come later....

• Like 20

5 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

Made it to Jersey City!  Going to dinner in a few.  If not for the snow and fog, we'd have a perfect view of the south end of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty and the Verrazano Bridge from our room.  The same one we'll be sailing under in less than 24 hours!!!!

DD and friend arrived safely as well.  They complained about the room service menu and went out for pizza.  SMH...

We're entering the borough of Surrealville.  More to come later....

Welcome to snowy and icy Jersey! It was sunny and lovely yesterday and will be again on Monday. Not sure if that will be "Fool's Spring" or "Spring of Deception." So excited to follow along on this adventure. You are a wonderful husband!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ginadcnj said:

Welcome to snowy and icy Jersey! It was sunny and lovely yesterday and will be again on Monday. Not sure if that will be "Fool's Spring" or "Spring of Deception." So excited to follow along on this adventure. You are a wonderful husband!

My tenant "Phil"* was out and about earlier this week.  I assume he's back in hibernation today.

* A groundhog.

• Haha 3

It was snowy New Jersey, but the skies seem to have cleared and the glorious view from our hotel is truly something

513645054_IMG_20220312_212712670(1).thumb.jpg.6e27b82d7845ef28f5ac6e1631212d88.jpg

IMG_20220312_212600645.thumb.jpg.cc952fc1d4f03ce025209985793bcd4e.jpg

IMG_20220312_212646980.thumb.jpg.9bc228e623db3476114691078369977a.jpg

The drive down this morning was fine from Worcester to Hartford, but quickly turned hairy from there.  The snow was pretty heavy for a while and there were a couple of spin outs with one that resulted in a heavily damaged, very expensive looking Mercedes.  I was beginning to grow concerned, but by the time we stopped at a rest area on the Merritt Parkway, it was tapering off quickly.  By the time we got to the Hotel, it had pretty much ended except for the wind.

We had a lovely dinner, several cocktails and 3 hours of laughs.  DW had a great time and actually managed to get through 2 beers which is pretty noteworthy for her these days.  I'm curious if that will carry over to the ship, lol.  She's right behind me drifting off to sleep.  Ah, if she only knew what a busy day she's going to have tomorrow.

I should be able to see both Anthen and Norwegian Getaway sail in under the bridge from our hotel room, but they look to be taking their sweet time coming in and I got to get me some shut eye.  I also have a busy day tomorrow.

Holy $3!#, I can't believe it's finally happening.  Thanks to everyone that's commented or just followed along.  It really has added to the experience knowing others are interested and excited to see what happens.  I'm showing this thread to DW after I tell her, she'll be tickled even more than I.

Talk to y'all on the flip side!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Broons77
  • Like 44

Well I wish this would all just hurry up, I can't wait to see what happens next. I am in Sydney, Australia and it is 4pm Sunday here. I just want to know now, don't feel like being patient.

• Like 4
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, ShazM said:

I am in Sydney, Australia and it is 4pm Sunday here. I just want to know now, don't feel like being patient.

and in New Zealand too; best thread going! Wish you all a great adventure. 9.45pm here!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PeterGavin said:

and in New Zealand too; best thread going! Wish you all a great adventure. 9.45pm here!

Isn't this the best? I have to go to bed but am going to be very sneakily on my phone at work tomorrow morning. I want to see her reaction when she finds out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2