Wonder Internet connection suggestions

Greetings -

Heading out next week on the Wonder Of The Seas and had a quick question regarding the ships internet connection. I'm a degenerate day stock trader and in order to confidentially trade, I need an exceptional / fast connection between premarket @ 830am to about 1000am EST.  I have a satellite phone I have used in the past to tether to my laptops but service is sometimes slow and spotty dependent on weather.  Also I have been previously warned not to use my satellite phone while on the ship. Other than the obvious of purchasing the best service available on the ship, any suggestions in maximizing my internet quality sincerely appreciated.

Thank You. 

Edited by juancarlosgarciasanchez

53 minutes ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Other than the obvious of purchasing the best service available on the ship, any suggestions in maximizing my internet quality sincerely appreciated.

There's nothing you can really do other than hope for a low capacity sailing, so you have fewer guests using up the precious bandwidth.

Edited by Biker19

If your ship is in port you can pay for international phone service and use the data package provided by your carrier, tether your laptop to the cell phone. For example Verizon has TravelPass which costs $10 for 24 hours of phone service. Some cell phone plans already include service in Mexico, which of course depends on your itinerary. I believe these plans limit your data after you use a certain amount, hopefully you'll be OK.

T-mobile has unlimited 2G data and for a fee you can buy certain amounts of high speed data for when in port.

On board, the data rates are typically OK (nominally 0.5 MBPS for Surf and about 5 MBPS Stream).

But the ping is very high.  I have seen ping times of over 600 ms (well over 1/2 second).  That is the time from your device sending a request and the data coming back to you.  So the data you are looking at is likely to be over half a second old, and any trades will be 1/4 to 1/2 second delayed.

For reference, I just checked my ping on this computer and it is 16 ms.  So, about 20 times faster that on board.

I am not sure those times will have an effect, but letting you know.