Discount on Alaska cruise

TiffyAnn

My mom booked a cruise for 4 of us for August. She has only paid the down payment so far.  She used AAA and since there is a sale right now I told her to see if she is able to get a price adjustment.  She was told that the price went up and they can't do an adjustment. Is this right? Since she booked 2 sky suites I want to help her out.  Any ideas?  

2 hours ago, TiffyAnn said:

My mom booked a cruise for 4 of us for August. She has only paid the down payment so far.  She used AAA and since there is a sale right now I told her to see if she is able to get a price adjustment.  She was told that the price went up and they can't do an adjustment. Is this right? Since she booked 2 sky suites I want to help her out.  Any ideas?  

I know this is not what you mean, but your question is proposing a price adjust for a cruise that now costs more?  Surely you don't want the higher fare, can you explain further?

Sales seem to be like this- sometimes it means less than you paid, sometimes more. Keep watching- and act immediately if a mock booking suggests a price drop. I’ve gotten 3 on Alaska in July. But we booked an OV. 

Best way to check is to find the cruise on Celebrity Site and do a mock booking (booking but don't put in credit card payment).   You can then tell what the current price is to determine if you feel a credit is due.

Some of the large TA's  have special Group Booking rates that aren't available to the general public which may be less than Celebrity.    On Celebrity all "Sales" aren't really sales but shell games of giving or taking something away.  

BTW it is against CruiseCritics rules to list a travel agency by name.

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

OP, sometimes booking very early you are able to get a very good fare.  Maybe your mom lucked out on the Sky Suite price when she booked it.

That was my first thought. 

OP, as mentioned, a sale doesn't always result in a lower fare if you got a great deal in the first place. We have that very situation with a sailing later this year.