Guarantee Veranda

bohaiboy

We have a guarantee veranda on the Encore in late April.  Anyone else have this and/or know when staterooms are identified?  Our first SB cruise.,  Also any way to find out how many onboard to date?

We have done this numerous times.Once we were assigned a cabin almost immediately, other times  anywhere from 2 weeks to 10 days.

Good luck.All the cabins are the same(unless you get one of the top suites)just different location.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 12:14 PM, dalliowner said:

The joke about guarantee veranda  on the Encore is all suits have a veranda  unlike the smaller ships

Yes, but the mid ship location is a higher class within the category. V1 and V2 are the very front of the ship, and are lesser priced. There are SIX categories for veranda staterooms, so on a guarantee, you could get any of them, and don't get to choose your preference of location (near elevator, mid ship, on the pool deck, etc.) 

Regarding Ovation/Encore veranda categories, there are now only Four categories (per Seabourn website - Effective: SB Encore: Feb 19, 2022, SB Ovation: Mar 27, 2022). 

• V1: Deck 5
  • V2: Forward Decks 6-9
  • V3: Midship Decks 6-7
  • V4: Midship Decks 8-9

As noted, all subject to change.

20 hours ago, jdk-atlga said:

Regarding Ovation/Encore veranda categories, there are now only Four categories (per Seabourn website - Effective: SB Encore: Feb 19, 2022, SB Ovation: Mar 27, 2022). 

• V1: Deck 5
  • V2: Forward Decks 6-9
  • V3: Midship Decks 6-7
  • V4: Midship Decks 8-9

As noted, all subject to change.

And each description indicates from 246 -302 sf plus veranda.  As per the deck plan, looks like maybe the only larger V cabins are hdcp accessible.  Only get official upgraded SF when jumping to PH suites.

We have frequently taken  a guarantee and haven't been disappointed with our allocation.

Something to bear in mind on Seabourn's E  class ships is that some suites on deck 7 forward only have a shower, no bath tub. The bathroom is therefore smaller than other veranda suites. These suites are clearly marked on the deck plan.

1 hour ago, Isklaar said:

Something to bear in mind on Seabourn's E  class ships is that some suites on deck 7 forward only have a shower, no bath tub. The bathroom is therefore smaller than other veranda suites.

@Isklaar But are the showers any larger than the O class ships? We almost never use a tub, so we'd be delighted to trade a non-used tub for a shower larger than a phone booth! 😉 (We've only been on the three O class ships.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

@Isklaar But are the showers any larger than the O class ships? We almost never use a tub, so we'd be delighted to trade a non-used tub for a shower larger than a phone booth! 😉 (We've only been on the three O class ships.)

😀

I haven't stayed in one of those suites but I do have a vague recollection of seeing a photo of the bathroom here on CC several years ago. I think the shower cubicle was a little larger but don't quote me on that! 

I love the O class ships and am with you on this one, I'd sacrifice the veranda suite tub for a large shower. 

• Like 1

So I think this is great news.  Finally assigned a cabin from a V guarantee suite, we are in 912 on the pool deck (it is near an elevator but hey, been there before and the sounds of a hydraulic elevator are minimal..  Deckplan shows as a V6 bok the booking info doesn't go any higher than a V4.  So we are happy campers.

2 hours ago, bohaiboy said:

So I think this is great news.  Finally assigned a cabin from a V guarantee suite, we are in 912 on the pool deck (it is near an elevator but hey, been there before and the sounds of a hydraulic elevator are minimal..  Deckplan shows as a V6 bok the booking info doesn't go any higher than a V4.  So we are happy campers.

You won the guarantee game!

We are three weeks out on the Encore and I noticed we were assigned a room.  Deck 6 forward.  I like that we are close to the forward elevators but not too close!  We tend to be spontaneous bookers so we often take guaranteed cabins and often find ourselves very much forward or aft…We have come to appreciate the quietness of those locations on larger ships.

• Like 1