Can we take a fan onboard?

amberdc87

I wanted to double check that we can take a fan onboard the Carnival Valor?  We will be in an interior room and would like a little extra air flow and definitely want it for the noise too.  If so, what kind of fan, or size have you taken before?

12 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Yep.  This is the one we’ve taken the past couple of cruises.  It’s $20 from Walmart.

1FA0C239-7992-4B36-BDAF-A8BBEA14D50F.jpeg

8 minutes ago, JennyD1 said:

I always bring a fan.  It measures about 10 x 10 X 6.  It plugs in and i carry it on in my beach bag. Never had a problem bringing it on board. Got it in Walmart for $15.

7 minutes ago, JennyD1 said:

Same one I have. lol

2 minutes ago, dmet0225 said:

Money well spent, as it provides very good air flow as well as decent noise. 

Awesome!  Thank y'all.  This is exactly what I was looking for.  This one seems smaller than ones I was looking at on Amazon.  It's flatter, so I think this one will be easier to carryon.

4 cruises since the restart, all from Galveston: Requested a loaner fan from the room dude, delivered before dinner first night. As well as extra pillows, bath robe. and ice twice a day. I think the fan size limit is 12 inches if you bring your own.

4 hours ago, amberdc87 said:

I wanted to double check that we can take a fan onboard the Carnival Valor?  We will be in an interior room and would like a little extra air flow and definitely want it for the noise too.  If so, what kind of fan, or size have you taken before?

Why would you? All cruises have fans, just ask your cabin steward for one. 

11 hours ago, ilovesparky13 said:

Why would you? All cruises have fans, just ask your cabin steward for one. 

Because I didn't know I could ask for one.  Thank you for that information.

14 hours ago, JoeMo said:

4 cruises since the restart, all from Galveston: Requested a loaner fan from the room dude, delivered before dinner first night. As well as extra pillows, bath robe. and ice twice a day. I think the fan size limit is 12 inches if you bring your own.

Awesome.  Thank you.  I didn't know I could ask for one.  We will do that then, it's easier than toting it.  Also, didn't know we could ask for a bath robe, thought those were for Suites only.  We will ask for ice twice a day definitely.  I'm actually trying to figure out what I can take for them to put ice in.  We go through a lot of ice.

11 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

On our last cruise my daughters cabin was a bit stuffy. She complained and they brought a nice big fan to her cabin right away free of charge. I’d do that instead of packing a bulky fan. 

Great!  Thank you.

• Like 1

Yes the stewards should have fans available, especially if you ask for one early, but if you're the kind of person who knows you're going to need a fan no matter how cool the room is, why not pack one? I do. I need the white noise and air circulation. The A/C is usually ice cold in the rooms, but there isn't much air movement.

• Like 1

I use a fan app on my phone for that. Crank it up and drowns out everything. Better than lugging the Marpac Dohm machine. I also have a Treva fan that can be used plugged in or with batteries, great for camping or traveling, very thin for packing, though I wouldn't bring it on a cruise; cranking up the AC and running the fan noise app works well enough for me. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ilovesparky13 said:

Do you think cruises are empty? They have fans, they have robes, and they have ice buckets.

They are not "cruises " they  are called ships  The number of fans they have on each ship is limited. 

And as far as what you can put your ice in, I bought a soft sided cooler from Walmart online(could not find this specific one in the store), but it holds 24 cans(which is perfect for bringing 12 cans per person) and has a hard removable shell inside, so as the ice melts it won't leak all over the counter. I ask my steward to fill it up each day. I give him $10 to start out, and then I'll give more before I leave.

Edited by nascartim
  • Thanks 1

This was a valid question. The original poster was just wanting to know what others have done. There is no reason to be snippy about your response. As you can see from the posts, people have answered with several different suggestions including bringing your own, getting one from the ship and also using an app. Please be aware of what your response sounds like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I always bring a fan.  Had two cruises where the limited supply was taken before the steward could get it.  I also use it in the pre/post hotel stays so it now stays in my suitcase all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ray98 said:

I always bring a fan.  Had two cruises where the limited supply was taken before the steward could get it.  I also use it in the pre/post hotel stays so it now stays in my suitcase all the time.

This is why we bring a fan for each cruise.  First, the number of fans for passengers is limited and second, to use in a pre-cruise hotel.  

Can’t believe such an innocent question as this turned somewhat contentious and unfriendly sounding.

• Like 1

People need a thicker skin on internet forums.  I didn't think any of the comments were rude until people started calling out someone else as rude... 

I've gone on a half dozen cruises and never knew you could ask for a fan or a robe if it wasn't already in your cabin. 

I think I'd still bring my own.  Wouldn't want any leftover skunk weed or service dog smells on it.... (inside joke from the RCL forum this week...)

Edited by Lane Hog