Equinox at Terminal 25 Today

Ipeeinthepools

47 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I'm not sure if it's related but I just heard that there was a pipe break on the Equinox yesterday and there was water coming out of the forward elevators. 🤔

I have friends boarding the Equinox today…I hope all is well. 

Edge is farther down the channel, terminal 29. Equinox looked ok when I watched it pull in on the webcam about 7am. Maybe the tugs were due to the wind?

It is unusual, S class usually ends up at 29.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

11 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Edge is farther down the channel, terminal 29. Equinox looked ok when I watched it pull in on the webcam about 7am. Maybe the tugs were due to the wind?

It is unusual, S class usually ends up at 29.

mac_tlc

I think that is the reason for the questions, normally Edge gets Terminal 25.  

8 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I hope we can hear something from people onboard the Edge and Equinox.  According to the port schedule the Equinox will be moving to Terminal 19 and the Edge to Terminal 25.  They aren't scheduled to leave until 10:00 and 10:22 pm tonight.  

I wonder why they would move Edge.  From what I understand it is Equinox that has the issue and is getting fixed.  

17 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I think the Equinox would have to move so that the Rotterdam can leave. No idea why Edge is also leaving late. 

mac_tlc

We've been on HAL out of 26 when there's a ship at 25 and left before the ship at 25. That's not an issue.

• Like 2

I read that the EQ had mechanical issues. She’s leaving the port now and she has two tugs at her aft. One is pulling and the other pushing. Looks like aft propulsion problems. 

Edit: Not sure what’s going on. Looks like they may be moving her to another pier but there are passengers on board. Doesn’t look as though she’s leaving right now.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I think the Equinox would have to move so that the Rotterdam can leave. No idea why Edge is also leaving late. 

mac_tlc

The Edge had issues today with check in. I read that they had to go to a manual process on checking in guests. Not sure if it was due to the last minute terminal change but I read comments on FB about the longer than usual wait times. 

3 minutes ago, danceswithphones said:

Wild theory but...why would they move the Edge to T25 unless they were going to load some of the people who should have sailed on the Equinox. 

The EQ just needed two tugs to move. I assume that it was easier to dock the EQ at terminal 25 than it was to have it try to maneuver down that narrow channel. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mdv31616 said:

The Edge is being moved to refuel.  Equinox is finishing repairs.

Why would they need to move it to refuel?  I would assume if Equinox had been docked there it would have been refueled.  It also seems like a very late departure just for refueling.

• Like 1

We are are on Edge currently. Boarded at terminal 29 and have moved to terminal 25 as of 6:45 pm.  Equinox had been at terminal 25 this morning, now moved to 19(not sure)?

in any event, very strange machinations, edge is still tied up at almost 7:00.

1 minute ago, Mrs_Tiki said:

We are are on Edge currently. Boarded at terminal 29 and have moved to terminal 25 as of 6:45 pm.  Equinox had been at terminal 25 this morning, now moved to 19(not sure)?

in any event, very strange machinations, edge is still tied up at almost 7:00.

The port schedule doesn't show Edge departing until 10PM now.