Would You Like Another News Channel Besides Cnn When On Board?

tuggers

It took 20 posts for someone to remind us that you can turn it off..that is also a choice!

Me, Fox News.

180 degress opposite of the loyal CNN folks.

But give me ESPN... not DULL, DULL, DULL, DULL, DULL...did I mention, DULL...soccer scores on ESPN International. Boring!

When I'm on vacaton, I am wanting to escape from the realities of the world and seldom watch the television and never use the internet facilities.

I do, though, appreciate that the tvs have a news channel, because sometimes it's necessary to know what's going on because it may effect your departure plans.

On our Baltics trip in early August of 2004, two of our tablemates were from Tampa, and were anxiously watching to get hurricane news and they ultimately had to stay in London an extra day or two until flights were restored to Tampa.

On another occasion, we were on SeaDream in early October of 2001 and were scheduled to go to Casablanca, Morocco, so the news was important as to what was going on with the post 9/11 political situation. We wound up not being able to visit Casablanca as a result of the terrorist attacks elsewhere.

It's nice that the tv is available if needed, but we use it so little it wouldn't matter who was reporting the news as long as the facts were actually facts. It wouldn't matter to me if the reporter or network accused the hurricane of being too liberal or too conservative, as long as they both agree on the category level and movement of the storm. :D

Allen

I would much prefer to be able to watch Fox News - at least then I am given a balance of opinions on both sides of various issues. Never watch CNN because it is not balanced and has several left wing "bomb throwers" who continiously embarass themselves with their moonbat conspiracy theories.

Flame away! :D

BBC and or Fox would be fine but, I try not to watch too much tv, especially news on vacation. If I am cruising in Europe, I like watching International news so I can see weather reports.

Also, I don't believe BBC, CNN or FOX (or the comedy ch.) are unbiased in reporting U.S. news. Unfortunaly, many people on tv try to push their personal agenda and color the news in that context no matter which end of the political spectrum they owe allegiance too.

DIfferent shows on tv too...I watch the same King of Queens show last year and the year before.

Kurt

[quote name='Jim Munkittrick']It took 20 posts for someone to remind us that you can turn it off..that is also a choice![/QUOTE]

Not in the observation lounge or some other public spaces on board (when we were on Mercury last August, they had added huge screens outside the photo zone continuously playing portions of the "your cruise in review" video, ewww). I am fine with having control of using or not using the in-cabin TV (my real dream would be for it to be in a cabinet like many hotels, so you can close doors and not even see the screen) but I would then like to not have to suffer video pollution in other spaces. (Heaven forbid they get to be like the rest of the world, with screens in elevators, supermarket checkout lines, gas pumps ... aagh ...) -- TR

Last March we went to Hawaii on The Island Princess. Do you know how many times we saw the Larry King show each day? Remember it comes on at 9:00 p.m. on the east coast and it is repeated at midnight and then again later on in the middle of the night.

It was on before we went to dinner and then again when we went back to our room after dinner. We would go out for entertainment and it would be on again as we went to bed. :eek:

Normally on a cruise we don't much care about news, but I sure wish they had US version of ESPN-gotta have the football scores!!!!!

However, if they would add a news channel, I could live with BBC providing they had American subtitle as their English is not comprehendable:D

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

[quote name='Jim Munkittrick']The only edgy or nasty posts are from the CNN lovers ranting about how they hate Fox?

Odd how that reflects the political atmosphere in the US today.[/quote]

I just went over all of the posts in this thread and I did not get the feeling that anybody has been "nasty". I thought that considering the topic, the conversation has been pretty polite.

Archived