Designated arrival time

ehogan

If we are designated Princess arrival time A in our case 10:30, would we be allowed onto the ship around that time or have to wait until noon as before?

thanks for your help, trying to determine if we should change our arrival time to later.

I posted in another thread about this.  I'm not sure what the purpose of the arrival group stuff is.  We were in the 1230 group.  Got to the pier about 1030, were ushered into the waiting area for about 15 minutes and then boarded.  Maybe as the ships get more passengers it will matter but not at the end of February.

We were on the Ruby last month, boarding group A.  It took us all of 12 minutes to get on the ship, we were actually on her at 10:48.  Dropped our luggage off in our already cleaned room and had to wait for the MDR too open at noon.  

At the end of January, in Port Everglades, there was a queue for people just to get into the Terminal.  We were the around 10:45.   A staff person wanted to see our Medallions and when they saw they were silver, they lifted a rope and told us to go straight into the terminal bypassing the queue.  We went through security and health screening and boarded immediately.  There was a separate lane for platinum and elite for entering the terminal.

I am confused......why does it appear some are upset with the dress code (Shorts in the MDR thread) in the dining room not being followed abut the arrival time Princess assigns them does not matter and they just tell people to show up whenever.  Lol....am I missing something???

1 hour ago, Princessfan20 said:

I am confused......why does it appear some are upset with the dress code (Shorts in the MDR thread) in the dining room not being followed abut the arrival time Princess assigns them does not matter and they just tell people to show up whenever.  Lol....am I missing something???

Situational ethics. The more violating the rules suit you the less ethical you are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, justafem said:

We were on the Ruby last month, boarding group A.  It took us all of 12 minutes to get on the ship, we were actually on her at 10:48.  Dropped our luggage off in our already cleaned room and had to wait for the MDR too open at noon.  

First world problem...🤣

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

A staff person wanted to see our Medallions and when they saw they were silver, they lifted a rope and told us to go straight into the terminal bypassing the queue.  We went through security and health screening and boarded immediately.  There was a separate lane for platinum and elite for entering the terminal.

What is a silver Medallion? Suite??

2 hours ago, Princessfan20 said:

Dress code = old news & a favorite to start a "war" when mentioned here.

Arrival groups = new stuff (there have always been arrival times which were universally ignored by anyone who wasn't new to Princess).

1 hour ago, JF - retired RRT said:

What is a silver Medallion? Suite??

23 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Silver = Platinum Loyalty Status

@tonit964 is correct.  I only used the word silver because the staff person outside the terminal called it silver.  As an aside, I liked the use of the word silver vs platinum as it sounded less pretentious.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1