Mariana PH Cabins

Cookie002

Good Morning

I think we are on the verge of booking the Mariana for a sept 23 cruise in a PH cabin. It starts in London, travels down France and Portugal, and ends in Spain. I would like some advice on where and what cabin we should go for.

Looking at the itinerary, and thinking I would like to see the land as we glide by, I would think the port side of the ship would be most optimal?

Next question, I am thinking of PH2, as it appears all the PH1 are on deck just below the terrace buffet. We tend to like to be aft on the ship as well. Any advice on which deck we should choose? What cabin?

Thanks for any advice!

First, the ship rarely sails within sight of land. Only a few special occasions that happens. 

On the Marina my favorite PH cabins are PH 2 on Deck 10. However, unfortunately they are all forward of ship’s center. We personally dislike the overhang on Deck 11 cabins. That is a personal thing, recognizing that some have other views on the issue. Good Luck and happy sailing.

• Like 1

Correct......... with the exception of maybe Tahiti  all cruises sail more than  you can see off shore   ( which  in a PH is about 8.5 miles to the horizon   7.6 in a Deck 7 cabin      Personally, due to location I prefer cabins forward of the elevators or close to them.      I find little difference in motion that some claim....   

• Like 1

Just for thought, all PH categories are pretty much the same size, only difference is location. I'd find a PH3 in a location I could deal with, if any are available. 

That is a really good itinerary you're doing, I did a very similar one in 19, except we started in Amsterdam. 

• Like 1

If you like aft staterooms, go for deck 10. We have done 46 days on Riviera in 11023 and have friends in 11015, both great. We are currently in 11034 just down the hall from the Executive Lounge in the Caribbean on Marina and find it to be great also.  IMHO, deck 11 has been excellent and we have enjoyed having the pool deck overhang extending over our Veranda so it really is a personal issue.  We have not had noise from moving deck chairs so we are happy.  Our room does not get blasted with the sun so it is A OK for us.  We had some friends on 11 for 30+ days in the Med and TA in 11054 and they opted to move down to deck 10 and have been quite happy to have guest rooms above and below them. 

Whatever you do, do not take 11065 on either ship, NOISE! It is right under the Terrace Cafe and Waves entrance so all night there is activity and drove my light sleeper wife to tears and we had to move to a vacant room. 
Have a great cruise. 
Mauibabes

• Like 1

Thank you, this is all excellent information. I think I will go for something on deck 10, near the aft, if possible. I prefer to be between two sleeping decks, and I like to be behind the aft elevators/stairs, as I feel like this is the quietest location.
Any other tips or suggestions, please keep them coming!

3 hours ago, Cookie002 said:

Thank you, this is all excellent information. I think I will go for something on deck 10, near the aft, if possible. I prefer to be between two sleeping decks, and I like to be behind the aft elevators/stairs, as I feel like this is the quietest location.
Any other tips or suggestions, please keep them coming!

You can't do both – have a PH and be on deck 10 aft.  I would choose the PH (wonderful layout and space, plus amenities).  We were very happy with 10028 (near forward elevator for convenience, but no noise).  If you book early enough, the furthest-aft PH2 on deck 10 would have a smooth ride and cabins all around.

4 hours ago, mauibabes said:

If you like aft staterooms, go for deck 10. We have done 46 days on Riviera in 11023 and have friends in 11015, both great. We are currently in 11034 just down the hall from the Executive Lounge in the Caribbean on Marina and find it to be great also.  IMHO, deck 11 has been excellent and we have enjoyed having the pool deck overhang extending over our Veranda so it really is a personal issue.  We have not had noise from moving deck chairs so we are happy.  Our room does not get blasted with the sun so it is A OK for us.  We had some friends on 11 for 30+ days in the Med and TA in 11054 and they opted to move down to deck 10 and have been quite happy to have guest rooms above and below them. 

Whatever you do, do not take 11065 on either ship, NOISE! It is right under the Terrace Cafe and Waves entrance so all night there is activity and drove my light sleeper wife to tears and we had to move to a vacant room. 
Have a great cruise. 
Mauibabes

We also prefer Deck 11, for a couple of reasons.  First, DH needs to avoid direct sunlight as much as possible, so having that overhang from Deck 12 can sometimes make a nice difference.  But he also loves coffee.  And treats. 😉  As wonderful as Baristas is (and it definitely is!), he really likes having the Executive Lounge just a few steps away.   We don't tend to find the EL particularly appealing as a place to hang out, but to get a quick snack or coffee, etc., it's very convenient.  (Actually, it's *too* convenient for snacks, but I digress....)

As far as "the deck above", I always carefully check what is above and below (and next to) any cabin/suite that we plan to get.  On the Riviera, there are quite a few forward PH suites that are under some Oceania suites, so that works just fine.  We've never heard a thing.

There can be other places on various decks where, although in general it's not a great area due to possible noise, there might be one or a few cabins/suites that are under something that isn't going to be noisy.

GC

• Like 1