Switch health question

Cruisingrampy

Just now, tottenhamfc said:

I have responded twice with this answer. YES it was accepted at the port. NO issues. They are looking for NAME, BIRTHDATE and the word NEGATIVE. It was accepted on April 15 2022.

In Los Angeles. One item of interest though was the total confusion over a NEXUS pass. Accepted as travel document into the states, confusion at Port of Los Angeles as travel doc with RCL. Confusion with Port if LA customs when leaving ship in LA. After boarding and before stop in San Fran, the immmigration officer onboard asked us to present our passport so that their manifest caused no issues. I explained that we have been vetted at a higher level with the NEXUS but they just didnt get it. Fortunately we travel with the passport as well. Just is easier using one doc.

1 hour ago, tottenhamfc said:

In Los Angeles. One item of interest though was the total confusion over a NEXUS pass. Accepted as travel document into the states, confusion at Port of Los Angeles as travel doc with RCL. Confusion with Port if LA customs when leaving ship in LA. After boarding and before stop in San Fran, the immmigration officer onboard asked us to present our passport so that their manifest caused no issues. I explained that we have been vetted at a higher level with the NEXUS but they just didnt get it. Fortunately we travel with the passport as well. Just is easier using one doc.

DW and I experienced the same issue in Boston a few years ago when checking in for a Canada-New England cruise terminating in Montreal. The terminal staff, including the supervisor, were totally unaware of NEXUS and we were refused boarding without showing our passports. Fortunately, we too always travel with our passports as well. This was 5 years after NEXUS had been introduced, and we had used NEXUS on previous cruises, so I really don't understand why there was this confusion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

DW and I experienced the same issue in Boston a few years ago when checking in for a Canada-New England cruise terminating in Montreal. The terminal staff, including the supervisor, were totally unaware of NEXUS and we were refused boarding without showing our passports. Fortunately, we too always travel with our passports as well. This was 5 years after NEXUS had been introduced, and we had used NEXUS on previous cruises, so I really don't understand why there was this confusion.

Does NEXUS work for entry into the various ports of call?

23 minutes ago, broberts said:

Does NEXUS work for entry into the various ports of call?

Only for US and Canadian ports of call. For any cruise that stops elsewhere, we use our passports. 

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Only for US and Canadian ports of call. For any cruise that stops elsewhere, we use our passports. 

So a passport is required for itineraries calling at non-US or Canadian ports.

7 minutes ago, broberts said:

So a passport is required for itineraries calling at non-US or Canadian ports.

Correct. A crew and passenger manifest must be provided to the authorities of each country to be visited, and must list the travel documents for each person. For Canadians, all countries other than the US require a passport.

Edited by Fouremco
  • Thanks 1

Just got an email from the B.C. Switch health clinic cancelling our antigen test appointment due to “unforseen” circumstances and that in clinic appointments are no longer available until May 13.

not happy with them at all!

1 hour ago, ehogan said:

Just got an email from the B.C. Switch health clinic cancelling our antigen test appointment due to “unforseen” circumstances and that in clinic appointments are no longer available until May 13.

not happy with them at all!

Fairmont Vancouver has Covid testing in hotel. Just saw it.  We used the Switch tests we ordered through aeroplan.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:26 AM, CTP said:

Was this test accepted at boarding?  We just got back from Radiance of the seas cruise but will have another cruise soon with RCCL.

I called RCCL they said for the online tests they have to be fda approved , when I called switch health they said they are not fda approved. I opted to just go to a clinic for this cruise  … cost me $60 more for the 3 of us to be tested. 

We just got home from a transatlantic cruise with Royal and Switch health test were accepted.  

• Like 2