Oceania Home Page Website

WESTEAST

An observation - Oceania's home page header has changed to read: BEST PRICE GUARANTEE | RISK-FREE PLANNING | SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATED AIR ARRANGEMENTS | HEALTH & SAFETY with no links to the Sail SAFE policies.  Sail SAFE is now located under Company Information at the bottom of the page; it can still be found on the Plan Your Cruise page.  Also missing is the previous Travel and Entry Requirement for upcoming cruises on the heading. This can be found on the Plan Your Cruise Page, TRAVEL AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MARCH VOYAGES.  Expect this is indicative of the cruise line's marketing strategy to move beyond Covid yet, the policies do not seem to have changed (thankfully).  

Edited by WESTEAST
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

An observation - Oceania's home page header has changed to read: BEST PRICE GUARANTEE | RISK-FREE PLANNING | SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATED AIR ARRANGEMENTS | HEALTH & SAFETY with no links to the Sail SAFE policies.  Sail SAFE is now located under Company Information at the bottom of the page; it can still be found on the Plan Your Cruise page.  Also missing is the previous Travel and Entry Requirement for upcoming cruises on the heading. This can be found on the Plan Your Cruise Page, TRAVEL AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR MARCH VOYAGES.  Expect this is indicative of the cruise line's marketing strategy to move beyond Covid yet, the policies do not seem to have changed (thankfully).  

Good info.

It’s a real “head scratcher” that O appears to be not maintaining the hard line on Covid restrictions. IMO, that decision may lose them more regulars than produce new customers. 
Eventually, Covid may be far less of a threat. But, don’t count on it until 2023.

13 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Good info.

It’s a real “head scratcher” that O appears to be not maintaining the hard line on Covid restrictions. IMO, that decision may lose them more regulars than produce new customers. 
Eventually, Covid may be far less of a threat. But, don’t count on it until 2023.

The operative term in your post is this; IMO

It seems you're seeing this from your point of view, and not that of a major corporation. For better or worse, most people want to put this behind them and have life get back to what it used to be. Whether that will work out is yet to be determined. What I see is that worldwide about 7000 people a day are still dying from Covid, ranking third in cause of death. 

Edited by ORV

Maybe they realise that most potential or seasoned cruisers have realised this is now the way it is and it no longer needs to be a headline as part of cruise advertising, rather an essential part of it that is now embedded in how we do things. 

Perhaps they no longer want to scare off potential or leery cruisers and by making it just a part of what happens, or their everyday safeguards, it makes it less imposing and more something that is just the norm. 

Whilst the actions of the general public rarely shock me anymore, I would be surprised if someone didn’t take at least a few seconds to think about how Covid might need to be accommodated into travel and holiday plans. It is or should be second nature now. 

I would point people who brush off covid guidelines onboard to the P&O board which is having an awful problem with one of their ships in the Carib, mostly due to staff not being hot on mask usage etc. 

See the dramatically declining death, ventilator and hospitalization rates for Omicron in the past 6 weeks. Changing the world for the better. As long as O pushes for 100% fully vaccinated, including booster, and pre-testing before boarding, not sure what else they can or should do in light of the current numbers and the positive difference between Delta and Omicron. IF your fear is just getting COVID, you might as well quarantine yourself in the woods. And those at serious risk shouldn't be cruising. Follow your doctor's guidance.

Wife and I had a great 12/13-23/21 cruise on Riviera. No serious issues with COVID then. The passengers, all 719, seemed to have a great safe time.

• Like 1

We fly out to Barbados on Monday. I can’t wait to get away from the UK as things are taking a turn for the worse here numbers wise. in Barbados it will be a case of being outside, masking when I need to and staying sensible and safe til we get onto Sirena on the 29th - at which point I will feel able to feel safer and be able to relax. 

3 minutes ago, ToxM said:

We fly out to Barbados on Monday. I can’t wait to get away from the UK as things are taking a turn for the worse here numbers wise....

Yet the devil is in the details. So from reporting from today: "Covid-19 cases were up 48% in the UK last week compared with the week before. Hospitalizations were up 17% over the same period. The country's daily case rate -- about 55,000 a day -- is still less than a third of the Omicron peak... Given that BA.2 doesn't seem to be causing more severe disease -- at least not in the highly vaccinated British population -- it's not clear why hospitalizations are ticking up. "The issue with hospitalization is a little bit more puzzling, because although the hospitalizations are going up, it is very clear their use of ICU beds has not increased," Fauci said. "So are the numbers of hospitalizations a real reflection of Covid cases, or is there a difficulty deciphering between people coming into the hospital with Covid or because of Covid?"

1 minute ago, MEFIowa said:

Yet the devil is in the details. So from reporting from today: "Covid-19 cases were up 48% in the UK last week compared with the week before. Hospitalizations were up 17% over the same period. The country's daily case rate -- about 55,000 a day -- is still less than a third of the Omicron peak... Given that BA.2 doesn't seem to be causing more severe disease -- at least not in the highly vaccinated British population -- it's not clear why hospitalizations are ticking up. "The issue with hospitalization is a little bit more puzzling, because although the hospitalizations are going up, it is very clear their use of ICU beds has not increased," Fauci said. "So are the numbers of hospitalizations a real reflection of Covid cases, or is there a difficulty deciphering between people coming into the hospital with Covid or because of Covid?"

Hospitalisation at this point doesn’t concern me, my number one priority at this red hot second is keeping myself covid free until I disembark from Sirena on 12th April 🙂 The icing on the cake is also getting back from Barcelona on the 14th and managing to stay covid free to take my mum on the cruise she has had to cancel 3 times 10 days later…once I get back I will be in a position where I can trust the science and hope my vaccinations and booster stop me from getting a more severe case of Covid. 

Even a mere sniffle along with a +ve covid test scuppers 2+ years of planning and my 50th birthday celebrations - I simply want to remove myself from the situation and have a cruise I have been looking forward to since before all this mess started. 

The severity of infection and the hospitalisations - don’t care. The fact it is absolutely rampant around me everywhere at the moment is what concerns me. Barbados are still taking good steps to keep their population and visitors safe and to be in an environment where the population on the ship have recently been found covid free will also make me feel better. 

I realise I am being exceptional.lay selfish here, but honestly, I don’t care, I’ve saved and saved for this trip, I am going to damn well enjoy it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ToxM said:

Hospitalisation at this point doesn’t concern me, my number one priority at this red hot second is keeping myself covid free until I disembark from Sirena on 12th April 🙂 ...

Yes, I know exactly what you mean. Wife & I had that prior to our Dec '21 cruise on Riviera. And I've got a bucket-list one-of-a-kind trip to Paraguay next month (Apr 18-May 4), that I've paid for, so I'm focused on staying away from anyone. BUT if I get COVID in Paraguay or after, I'm fully vaccinated & boosted with no serious risk factors. So one acts accordingly. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, WESTEAST said:

Update:  the Oceania Home Page no longer has the top heading, BEST PRICE GUARANTEE | RISK-FREE PLANNING | SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATED AIR ARRANGEMENTS | HEALTH & SAFETY and now has no top heading. 

Just went there and this is what I see on the top of their Home Page: "BEST PRICE GUARANTEE | RISK-FREE PLANNING | SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATED AIR ARRANGEMENTS | HEALTH & SAFETY"

Oceania Cruises Official Site: Cruises Around The World

On 3/15/2022 at 12:20 PM, WESTEAST said:

Update:  the Oceania Home Page no longer has the top heading, BEST PRICE GUARANTEE | RISK-FREE PLANNING | SEAMLESSLY INTEGRATED AIR ARRANGEMENTS | HEALTH & SAFETY and now has no top heading. 

As of this morning, the heading is still on their site.  After trying to find ANY Info on their PRICE GUARANTEE, we are confused as to why there is nothing available.  If anyone can find anything in writing on their site, please comment on it.  Thanks  9E982488-3BD3-45A1-9357-7DCF8C2F8FC3.thumb.png.3c0b89c19409e9fd7063399bb7be3f77.png

Edited by Bone1

This header returned to the Canadian site and now the HEALTH & SAFETY title has a link to the SailSAFE information.  We can only surmise that the BEST PRICE GUARANTEE reflects the O's marketing of their existing policy of once you book your cruise the price is guaranteed against future increases; the best value is when you book onboard a future cruise. Perhaps other posters may have further insight/explanation.