RCI European Sailing Protocols

Just now, Native Floridian 26 said:

Unfortunately, that's not what it says.

That's exactly what it says, you're "considered up-to-date means the guest has also received the booster or their last dose of the vaccine was less than 9 months ago."  It says it plain as day that having a booster means your considered up to date.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BeginnercruiserHD said:

No, you're considered up to date IF your last regular dose (not booster) was taken 270 days ago, or if you have had a booster.

But now there are two boosters allowed for 50+ and they just approved 1st boosters for kids 12+

We just got our second one  I think this is just going to keep changing as time goes by. 
I'm just more aggravated by the one day before test.  I'm testing two days before because I'm not getting on a plane to Rome if I have covid.  Then we have to wait at the airport to get another rapid test, because it's sunday and nearly everything in Italy is closed on Sundays.  Royal should just have testing at the port.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MaryZ said:

But now there are two boosters allowed for 50+ and they just approved 1st boosters for kids 12+

We just got our second one  I think this is just going to keep changing as time goes by. 
I'm just more aggravated by the one day before test.  I'm testing two days before because I'm not getting on a plane to Rome if I have covid.  Then we have to wait at the airport to get another rapid test, because it's sunday and nearly everything in Italy is closed on Sundays.  Royal should just have testing at the port.

Possibly, but it'll take time.

And I've just confirmed that as long as you've received your boost, you're considered up-to-date.  @Native Floridian 26

image.png.2b81a1b59f8849d98b841a391b68706b.png

I agree Royal should have testing at the port, our cruise isn't until September, and we don't know what kind of testing infrastructure there will be at that time.

We're planning on purchasing some EMED tests beforehand as long as they're still available.

Edited by BeginnercruiserHD
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BeginnercruiserHD said:

That's exactly what it says, you're "considered up-to-date means the guest has also received the booster or their last dose of the vaccine was less than 9 months ago."  It says it plain as day that having a booster means your considered up to date.

RCCL website says:  

To be considered up to date by all European countries we sail to, your vaccination must meet both of the following requirements.

1. You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), or a booster dose.

This says any dose including booster can't be older than 270 days.  They need to fix their website.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

RCCL website says:  

To be considered up to date by all European countries we sail to, your vaccination must meet both of the following requirements.

1. You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson), or a booster dose.

This says any dose including booster can't be older than 270 days.  They need to fix their website.

I brought it up to them, they said they'd reach out when they're sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is anyone really surprised by another RCL admin cluster..... As we all know you speak to customer services 4 times and get 4 different answers. 

This is from the uk gov website to enter Italy 

"a primary vaccination certificate (valid for 270 days from the date of the last dose for those who have had a full course of vaccines (both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) or valid indefinitely for those who have had a full course plus a booster dose)"

I think Rcl have it wrong. The EU covid pass is set at 270 days after the completion of the primary doses of vaccine have been received. If at the 270 day point you have NOT had a booster jab then you are not considered up to date. If you have had the booster then its fine. 

But RCL need to get a grip and stop confusing people, as i believe the uk gov travel website rather then RCL interpretation.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Is anyone really surprised by another RCL admin cluster..... As we all know you speak to customer services 4 times and get 4 different answers. 

This is from the uk gov website to enter Italy 

"a primary vaccination certificate (valid for 270 days from the date of the last dose for those who have had a full course of vaccines (both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine) or valid indefinitely for those who have had a full course plus a booster dose)"

I think Rcl have it wrong. The EU covid pass is set at 270 days after the completion of the primary doses of vaccine have been received. If at the 270 day point you have NOT had a booster jab then you are not considered up to date. If you have had the booster then its fine. 

But RCL need to get a grip and stop confusing people, as i believe the uk gov travel website rather then RCL interpretation.

I believe they have it correct but the wording is just odd, in one section of the website, there's a comma which implies the booster needs to be with 270 days, but in another section there there is a period between this statement and the first.

image.thumb.png.902ea894371f589e091d900ad59e294d.png

I believe it's still accurate, because it's 2 separate statements. 

They just re-confirmed that as long as you have a booster you'll be considered "Up-to-date" through May sailings.

image.png.2f3969020a124ed409b4cdae6fedf1dc.png

Edited by BeginnercruiserHD
  • Like 2

Hello,

What I think is that someONE is made solely responsible for publishing all testing and vaccine requirements on all media.

I also think that as punctuation is a lost art, Royal should not post in sentences but bullet points and each bullet point is no longer than one page width and has a logic that stands by itself.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 3

In regards to the requirements below:

I am from Europe and we have several options for a Antigen test to take at home (with an official certificate). Much like (but not the same as) the eMed tests. I says nowhere what the Antigen (or PCR) test requirements are (like what kind of certificate). Does anybody know?

If we can take the video Home test from our own country this would be much more convenient and cheaper as well.

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM BARCELONA

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing 

All guests sailing from Barcelona, Spain will need to take a test before boarding, as detailed below. 

• Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day window to take this test.  Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests. For detailed information on Europe’s requirements for an up to date vaccination status, visit our Europe Vaccine Requirements FAQ
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 will be required to take a complimentary antigen test at the terminal and must receive a negative result in order to sail. Registration details will be sent via email in advance. 
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test. 

eMed Tests Kits for Travelers   

Through our testing partners, U.S.-based vaccinated guests may purchase antigen test kits for vaccinated guests that you can complete online with a supervised virtual video visit, wherever you are, 24 hours 7 days a week to meet travel testing requirements for cruise or flight.  

During the Cruise

In addition to the pre-cruise test, guests age 12 and up who are considered not up to date with their vaccination, or are not vaccinated with an EMA-authorized vaccine, will require additional testing to be completed onboard at their own expense, in order to go ashore in select countries. To learn more about requirements by port, please visit our Europe Port Testing Requirement FAQ

Prior to Disembarking

Guests 12 and up that are not up to date with their vaccinations will take an antigen test within one day before disembarkation day. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test. The cost of the test is at their own expense, conducted onboard by a licensed third-party testing provider at a cost of $55 USD per test. Royal Caribbean does not retain any part of the testing costs.

1 hour ago, Marga.Anders said:

In regards to the requirements below:

I am from Europe and we have several options for a Antigen test to take at home (with an official certificate). Much like (but not the same as) the eMed tests. I says nowhere what the Antigen (or PCR) test requirements are (like what kind of certificate). Does anybody know?

If we can take the video Home test from our own country this would be much more convenient and cheaper as well.

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM BARCELONA

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing 

All guests sailing from Barcelona, Spain will need to take a test before boarding, as detailed below. 

• Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day window to take this test.  Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests. For detailed information on Europe’s requirements for an up to date vaccination status, visit our Europe Vaccine Requirements FAQ
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 will be required to take a complimentary antigen test at the terminal and must receive a negative result in order to sail. Registration details will be sent via email in advance. 

eMed Tests Kits for Travelers   

Through our testing partners, U.S.-based vaccinated guests may purchase antigen test kits for vaccinated guests that you can complete online with a supervised virtual video visit, wherever you are, 24 hours 7 days a week to meet travel testing requirements for cruise or flight.  

During the Cruise

In addition to the pre-cruise test, guests age 12 and up who are considered not up to date with their vaccination, or are not vaccinated with an EMA-authorized vaccine, will require additional testing to be completed onboard at their own expense, in order to go ashore in select countries. To learn more about requirements by port, please visit our Europe Port Testing Requirement FAQ

Prior to Disembarking

Guests 12 and up that are not up to date with their vaccinations will take an antigen test within one day before disembarkation day. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test. The cost of the test is at their own expense, conducted onboard by a licensed third-party testing provider at a cost of $55 USD per test. Royal Caribbean does not retain any part of the testing costs.

I think in the testing T&C states must be a supervised test, eg via a video or in person. Have a look and i think also states the kind of test. We will be doing a video test in the uk the day before we fly to italy if still required for our aug cruise

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Edited by FamilyCruiserUK
Link

36 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

I think in the testing T&C states must be a supervised test, eg via a video or in person. Have a look and i think also states the kind of test. We will be doing a video test in the uk the day before we fly to italy if still required for our aug cruise

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Do you have a name for the online video test from the UK? Maybe us other Europeans can use it as well.

4 minutes ago, Marga.Anders said:

Do you have a name for the online video test from the UK? Maybe us other Europeans can use it as well.

I havent looked muself yet as not going till aug. But a google search will give you the options. I know the uk gov have an approved fit to fly provider list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing/list-of-private-providers-of-coronavirus-testing

But i would imagine there would be the same services for European teating. Also most airports in uk do a quick test turn around as well

• Thanks 1

So I am reading:

- 12 and up need to be vaccinated in order to board

- If your most recent dose was older than 270 days, you'll need to take a test onboard.

Is it me, or is this really not such a big deal and subject to change?

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose administered at least 14 days before sailing.  

Each guest's regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. No exceptions will be made, even if the guest's resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine. 

For the best European cruise experience, we strongly recommend guests be “up to date” on their COVID-19 vaccination and be prepared to present their physical vaccination record showing all doses, including their original vaccination series, as well as any booster doses they may have received if applicable.  

1. You received your most recent vaccine dose no more than 9 months (270 days) ago. This could have been the final dose in your original vaccine series (or a single dose of Johnson & Johnson). Or a booster dose.    
  2. Your most recent vaccine dose is on the list of EMA-approved vaccines:  
    • Pfizer 
    • Moderna 
    • Johnson & Johnson 
    • Astrazeneca 
    • Nuvaxovid 

 Guests who do not meet these two requirements will need to take a test onboard before visiting some ports of call. 

Just received:

Updated Protocols for Barcelona Departure Sailings

As you know, our protocols are fluid and subject to change. We proactively review all of our requirements to meet the guidance of various government and health authorities to ensure the health and safety of our guests and crew.

As a result, we've decided to update our testing requirements for our Barcelona, Spain departures.

Updated Pre-Cruise Testing Requirement

Guests who are considered up-to-date with their vaccines will be required to show a negative test result from a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days prior to sailing.

Guests who are fully vaccinated, but who are not considered up-to-date by the EMA, as well as unvaccinated guests 2 - 11 years old, will be required to show a negative test result from a COVID-19 test taken no more than 1 day prior to sailing. Boarding day testing in the terminal is no longer required for this group.

To help you satisfy your pre-cruise testing requirements, please see the following local testing providers:

• Airport testing is offered via Arqiumeaand local testing is offered via CMIP Example
  • For all departure ports we recommend vaccinated North American guests to travel with tele-health testing kits such as eMed for U.S. guests and Switch Health tests for Canadian guests. These tests can satisfy both your pre-cruise and return home test requirements. 
  • Please note that the cost of testing and availability varies by testing provider.

Some destinations we visit require additional onboard testing and may have restrictions for guests who are not up-to-date with their vaccines. To be considered up-to-date, guests must have received all doses in their vaccine series and have received their booster if the second vaccine was administered over 270 days (9 months) ago. As a result, we strongly recommend getting your booster before your cruise, if eligible.

• Thanks 1

New email received today that defines the difference on booster not having to be within the 270 days but for those who do not have a booster they have to get a test ONE day before rather than TWO days for up to date or boostered. 
891A06E9-AE06-4CA6-B387-8D5BAA9F57B5.thumb.png.5766036e53fe785538de9565fcf75b13.png81EEC97B-BA92-43FE-AB20-D44605DBB22D.thumb.png.71461a02205378cb497ee98cdb09e220.png

Just received the same type of e mail in the last hour for our Norwegian Fiords cruise out of Southampton on 29th May. E mail says:

Testing 
Pre-Cruise 
Guests who are up-to-date with their vaccines will be required to present a negative test result for a COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days before our sailing. 

However  the link to the testing seems to be aimed at US testing providers and not U.K. providers. Final payment due in next 10 days. Tempted to use cruise with confidence and transfer our deposit to the cruise we have in August from Ravenna in the hope that testing is done away with by then. I am prepared if necessary to do and pay for pre departure for our August cruise out of Ravenna but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of pre testing for a Southampton cruise that has 3 out of 7 days at sea.

24 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Italy been updated as well

Can you show me where you see the update info? The website and my app still say up-to-date guests must show a negative test taken no more than 1 day before boarding. I really hope it's adjusted to 2 days because then we can test, and have that test be valid for boarding, before leaving home.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Two days before is not 48 hours, correct? So if I get tested day 1 at 10am and board day 3 at 3 pm this is ok?

Correct. It specifically says days, not hours. So any time on the appropriate day is acceptable.

At last Southampton is up: 

Before arriving on boarding day, you’ll need to take a COVID-19 test on your own, at your own expense, to meet our boarding requirements.

• Vaccinated guests who are up to date must show a negative result for an antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day. Vaccinated guests who are not up to date will have a 1 day windowto take this test. Kids age 5 to 11 who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 11 must show a negative test result for an antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.