RCI European Sailing Protocols

GETTING READY TO CRUISE FROM EUROPE AND THE MIDDLE EAST

Royal Caribbean is working closely with local government and health authorities to finalize protocols and requirements designed for the health and safety of our guests sailing from European and Middle Eastern homeports. Booked guests will be provided full details at least 30 days prior to their sailing.

We do anticipate that vaccination and testing requirements will remain in place, and we strongly encourage guests receive a booster shot when eligible. There could be a strong possibility for these sailings that guests will need a booster to enter select countries on their itinerary.

First sailing is April 15, 2022 so 30 days out is tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Yup, this is the same info they've had up for about a month. I wonder if that first Voyager sailing is actually happening and if they've sent info direct to passengers.

No they haven't....!   On a positive note shore excursions for Gib on 4/17 (Easter Sunday) were posted today for the first time.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, little britain said:

No they haven't....!   On a positive note shore excursions for Gib on 4/17 (Easter Sunday) were posted today for the first time.  

I guess that means you're booked on it. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan. It's a nice itinerary. I was thinking about it myself for a while but the time frame didn't work for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Boy they are really cutting it close to the 30 days out.  Looking at the 4/15 Roll Call for Voyager, they haven't received the Protocols yet.

I don't even see that sailing available to book right now.....has it been canceled?

14 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

It's sold out. You'll see it off and on as cancellations and new bookings occur.

It isn’t sold out. Lots of RoyalUp emails being received.

Day 30: no protocols yet so parents with kids don’t know yet whether they can even go; and online check in hasn’t opened up yet  

19 minutes ago, little britain said:

It isn’t sold out. Lots of RoyalUp emails being received.

Day 30: no protocols yet so parents with kids don’t know yet whether they can even go; and online check in hasn’t opened up yet  

Would unvaccinated kids not be able to board with pre-test? I didn’t think there was any protocol which ruled out kids altogether. 

….. asking as an interested parent 

1 hour ago, Billy Baltic said:

Would unvaccinated kids not be able to board with pre-test? I didn’t think there was any protocol which ruled out kids altogether. 

….. asking as an interested parent 

Sorry- meant restrictions to going ashore. 

• Like 1

With final payment due 30 days prior and no protocols, this is not a good situation if you're sailing on May 15th.  I suppose you can go ahead and make final payment, but seek full refund if you don't agree to the protocols.  I'd rather be seeking refund for a deposit that a full payment.

Edited by Native Floridian 26

20 hours ago, Fairsailing said:

In other news, Princess and NCL just pulled the plug on their Baltic cruises.  War/demand.  

As of now, the NCL Dawn(small ship) is still sailing.  Getaway(larger ship) Passengers  are being offered passage on her. We will see.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

With final payment due 30 days prior and no protocols, this is not a good situation if you're sailing on May 15th.  I suppose you can go ahead and make final payment, but seek full refund if you don't agree to the protocols.  I'd rather be seeking refund for a deposit that a full payment.

It's worse than that; the sailing in question is on 15 April, not May.

20 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I'm excited for you. Hope you have an amazing time. 😊

We have the 1st cruise out of Rome on Brilliance on May 9.  Do you know if you will be able to get off in ports to do your own thing versus ship tours?  Thanks.

22 hours ago, Fairsailing said:

In other news, Princess and NCL just pulled the plug on their Baltic cruises.  War/demand.  

Do you  link to that? I ask because their website has a bunch of 'Baltic' cruises going to Germany, Norway and Sweden.  

1 hour ago, 1947wwjd said:

We have the 1st cruise out of Rome on Brilliance on May 9.  Do you know if you will be able to get off in ports to do your own thing versus ship tours?  Thanks.

That is what this whole thread is about..waiting for European protocols to be released. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 1947wwjd said:

Still no news. We are on Odyssey's first cruise also out of Rome but on the 7th of May, so watching (closely) and waiting (impatiently).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Still no news. We are on Odyssey's first cruise also out of Rome but on the 7th of May, so watching (closely) and waiting (impatiently).

When is final Payment now due for this Europe cruises? How many days before?

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

When is final Payment now due for this Europe cruises? How many days before?

30 days before, so the 8th of April. This applies to all sailings through the end of May.

I read that for June sailings, it's currently 60 days. I don't know if there's been any change to sailings from July onwards.

• Like 2