187 ml wine bottles

1 minute ago, smokeymtn51 said:

Can you bring 4 individual(single serving size) 187 ml bottles of wine in place of a 750 ml bottle?

Technically no, but it all depends on the security screeners at check in. 

Well, depends on whether they can do the math because technically it's not over the allowed amount.  I'm trying to remember from previous discussions if this has come up before.  

As they are not RCI employees, I guess it would depend on how well the security agents are trained with the RCI rules regarding wine brought on board, and what spot judgement they are empowered with, or wish to take.  The rule is 2 bottles at 750ml max.  If they go strictly by the bottle count then the answer would likely be no.  But if they take the time to calculate the math and go by the volume amount, then maybe the answer is yes.

In our experience they typically make a quick check of your wine to keep things moving along and are just looking at the bottle count, the size of which at 750ml is pretty standard to see.  I've not seen a situation with more than two bottles so I can't say directly if they would look closer at the volume to determine if more than two is OK by that rule.

16 hours ago, skagen said:

I'd be really surprised if they gave you a hard time about it.

Though few Months preCV before Boarding had Security at both Port Everglades and Boston counting that only had 12 Carry On Pop Bottles, was a first. Only time, possible

Edited by ONECRUISER

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Though few Months preCV before Boarding had Security at both Port Everglades and Boston counting that only had 12 Carry On Pop Bottles. Was a first...

They tend to be more relaxed regarding things such as soda and water.  On our two recent cruises in October (Bayonne) and December (Port Everglades) we had multiple bottles of both in our carry on bags and went through with no issues.  They scrutinize much more closely with wine.